Poll: Marching Cowbell?
Poll Options
View poll results: Marching Cowbell?
Yes
22 88%
No
3 12%
Voters: 25.
I'm in a drumline at school and I've decided that it would be a good idea to have a marching cowbell, I just wanna know what the pit has to say about it.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
I've got a Fever, and the only Cure for this fever, is more Cowbell!
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
cowbells are for cows and blue oyster cult and all the more cowbell please douchebags need to get some new material i mean jesus christ that was like ten years ago on network tv give it a break
YES. Our marching band went to disney world this spring break and a senior forgot to bring her harness for her quads and so the new girl on snare (who learned all the cadences for disney world and was easily better than the other snares that have been playing for a few years) had to give the senior her harness, and so she marched cowbell.

After it was done, I think we all had a ton of fun hearing people go "OMG!!! COWBELL!!! MOAR!!!!!!!"

Save for the senior. She's an idiot.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
cowbells are for cows and blue oyster cult and all the more cowbell please douchebags need to get some new material i mean jesus christ that was like ten years ago on network tv give it a break

Well maybe you should learn how to use punctuation like periods and commas because its hard to take you seriousely when you do nothing but talk in run on sentances
The.
Quote by Sean-Man
I've got a Fever, and the only Cure for this fever, is more Cowbell!

You know 10,000 people were dying to say that.
Quote by edusty2010
YES. Our marching band went to disney world this spring break and a senior forgot to bring her harness for her quads and so the new girl on snare (who learned all the cadences for disney world and was easily better than the other snares that have been playing for a few years) had to give the senior her harness, and so she marched cowbell.

After it was done, I think we all had a ton of fun hearing people go "OMG!!! COWBELL!!! MOAR!!!!!!!"

Save for the senior. She's an idiot.

Thats awesome, I wouldnt mind marching cowbell at all, all you have to do is play quarter notes and everybody loves it
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton

Sorry, couldnt hear you over the sound of my.... COWBELL!!!!!
Cowbells are typically meant for the pit, or front ensemble. The only percussion instruments marched should be marched is Tenors, Snares, Basses, and sometimes symbols. However, I have seen before a band that had an extension to there snares that had a cowbell.
I realize that cowbell isn't normally a marching instrument i just think it would be badass.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Don't most drumlines have cowbells/cymbals attached onto the snare drumms?
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by monkeysintheday
I realize that cowbell isn't normally a marching instrument i just think it would be badass.

There's still snare attachments.
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The only time you can EVER march a cowbell is if you have a stand for it and you give it to the lead snare. He plays the cowbell on the appropriate cadences.