I am going to start a 1 or 2 man band depending of if my friend would like to join. I plan on getting a set of drums and a bass, as we both all ready play guitar, but what else will I need.
Well that's you're basic "modern quartet" as I like to call it. Rhythm and solo guitar, bass and drums. You might want to add a keyboard, if you're into that.

EDIT: I was assuming one of you will be singing. If not, you need a singer, unless you plan on doing pure instrumentals.
It's whatever you want, really, but if you're going to just record, you'll need mixers, mics, etc.

Just browse on music123.com or something.
well if your going to be a one or two man band i don't see the need for a drum kit and a bass assuming your going to be playing guitar. but dude if you can play two or more instruments at the same time then you are my god. so please explain the need to me because i really don't understand.

are you any good at writing music? or you friend? or are you doing covers?

are you planning on recording yourself? are you going to create songs by using the multi track technique? is that why you have two extra instruments?

we need far more info, man come on help us out here.
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
If it's just the two of you, and you both already play guitar then an acoustic duo could be a good option. (If you have a good sense of humour, do some Flight of the Conchords covers )
yea, a acoustic duo would work well. there is a lot of flexibility with what you can do with that.
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?