Page 1 of 6
Who do you think is the greatest song writer of our time (within the last ten years). I don't mean post just lyrics, I mean just composing everything to together.

I think it is Jack White if you listen to the new racanteours CD you'll know what I mean. He just writes some amazing stuff and brings together all the instruments so perfectly.
edit: if there in a band, please put what band there in
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Last edited by dubstar92 at Aug 19, 2008,
The weakerthans
Cloud cult
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
I could definitely agree with Jack White, he is fantastic.

Maybe Tool?
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
anthony green
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Afterwards I said to her "Why did you blitz my asshole like that?"

Claudio Sanchez? Fitting a whole concept into lyrics and songs... I dont think I could be bothered...
Dear diary.

Today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender.

I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me.
I'd have to say either Tomas Kalnoky from Streetlight Manifesto or Anthony Raneri of Bayside
"The Mad Scientist"

Quote by Fuzzbox91
for someone with a madness avatar (ok ill admit mdness interactive was cool for its time), youre seem to have the right idea.

"Reaching for, the gun, to load and persuade you, to stay..."
Quote by Benjibum
Claudio Sanchez? Fitting a whole concept into lyrics and songs... I dont think I could be bothered...

meh my band does it too, and our story actully makes sense, unlike Coheed

edit: actually i find it to write songs if you have a whole concept behind it. you think up a story to tell, pretend its a movie, and write the soundtrack to it.

basically our albums are all planned out before the songs are even written, we start at the beginning and write something for a certain section of the story, and continue that way.
Last edited by Wylde14 at Aug 19, 2008,
Mikael Akerfeldt
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
John Mayer
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Eddie Vedder
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Tool.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Lyrics? Bob Dylan

Music? Matt Bellamy
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Isaac Brock from Modest Mouse (their old stuff).
wham, bam, thank you ma'am!
Quote by Zach_F
Tool.

Thanky.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Story of the Year - The Black Swan
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
Possibly Josh Homme, He does QotSa (which have some kickass songs, then just some okay songs) and Kyuss (every song is awesome by kyuss, if you haven't heard them, get their discography!)
I absolutely understand what you are saying about the Raconteurs/Jack White. The White Stripes was an act that was holding him back from his true potential. His guitar and lyric work is incredible and every song on their album is amazing. And very diverse.
Quote by Alexishxc1337
Jesse Lacey

+1
I have recreated a Mattocaster with Kaoss Pad built into the body. If you would be interested in having this mod done to your guitar, let me know!
Quote by dxvxb
I'd have to say either Tomas Kalnoky from Streetlight Manifesto or Anthony Raneri of Bayside

NO NO NO
IT'S TOMAS FROM CATCH 22
even though he's a traitor now =\
Quote by bassdrum
Possibly Josh Homme, He does QotSa (which have some kickass songs, then just some okay songs) and Kyuss (every song is awesome by kyuss, if you haven't heard them, get their discography!)

dude i love you and kyuss!!
id say it would be between Roger Waters and David Gilmour (pink floyd) and Frank Zappa (frank zappa and the mothers and uhh....frank zappa)
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Fuzzbox91
id say it would be between Roger Waters and David Gilmour (pink floyd) and Frank Zappa (frank zappa and the mothers and uhh....frank zappa)

Greatest songwriters of our generation, silly.
Kurt Cobain. His newest CD released a few days ago labeled "hey guys i use massive distortion" is fantastic. His lyrics are really deadly awesome, it's like a shotgun to your head.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Sam Beam
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.