well, ive been teaching my girlfriend to play guitar recently, shes doing ok at it. she really likes it. shes currently borrowing my strat knockoff, but ive noticed her hands are a bit small to finger some chords correctly, as in she mutes strings, cant reach, etc.

i was planning on getting her a smaller scale guitar, like a 3/4 scale or something for christmas. all ive found is ibanez, which i have no problem with, but i was wondering what you guys would recommend.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Unless she's a midget I think it's best to stick with standard scale guitars - you could look for thinner necks.
budget?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
Quote by guitar/bass76
Unless she's a midget I think it's best to stick with standard scale guitars - you could look for thinner necks.

haha, nope, regular sized person, just smaller hands.

a thinner neck might work, i just thought a smaller scale might be easier to maneuver in general.

alright then, ill change the search to thin neck and/or small scale.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain

Quote by Raiderkid38
budget?

budgets not an issue atm, just doing some research. dig up whatever you can =)
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain

i got an ibanez talman acoustic cause i liked the fact its body was thinner but i was unaware that it was a 3/4 size overall and i was pleasantly surprised...mine sounds great (kind of a jazzy acoustic tone) and the neck handles wonderfully for solos or bands that use strange chords (like dave matthews)...i dont know what genres you'll be playing but in my experience ibanez 3/4 have always been a good brand
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Quote by burgurhead1812
i got an ibanez talman acoustic cause i liked the fact its body was thinner but i was unaware that it was a 3/4 size overall and i was pleasantly surprised...mine sounds great (kind of a jazzy acoustic tone) and the neck handles wonderfully for solos or bands that use strange chords (like dave matthews)...i dont know what genres you'll be playing but in my experience ibanez 3/4 have always been a good brand

the talman is a little more expensive than the small scale electric they make, but i like the look of it.

ill definitely keep this one in mind, an acoustic would be good and save me money on getting her an amp too lol.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain