yes i checked the thread at the top of the forum.

alright, so i just a guitar with a licensed floyd rose and i tuned it perfectly. brought it close to pitch with the tuning pegs, that got it perfect with the fine tuners. clamped down the locking nut, and it went out of tune in literally 30 seconds. i tuned it again. and bam, 30 seconds later it was out of tune. what the ****. and the high e keeps sliding out from the floyd rose, i tighten down the string lock and later the damn string slides out. its happened twice. help?
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Last edited by thespian948 at Aug 19, 2008,
clamp the locking nut down then use the fine tuners... when you clamp the nut it detunes it... that's why you have fine tuners
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
the high e is the most stretchy string - tune it, then do all sorts of divebombs and pull ups on the whammy. then tune it again. then put on the locking nut, then use fine tuners to perfect it
idk why. but this thread made me lol a little. i have this sort of setup. have yet to have this problem tho.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
Quote by Raiderkid38
idk why. but this thread made me lol a little. i have this sort of setup. have yet to have this problem tho.

cause your probaly doing it the proper way...
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
Quote by shampooboy37
cause your probaly doing it the proper way...

well i used the fine tuners after i locked the nut down. thus the reason i said tuned it again.... and after i did that i didnt even touch it and it went out of tune again. and none of this solves the problem of why my high e keeps slipping out of the tremello.
Quote by Mo Jiggity

Did you stretch your strings out? I don't put my nuts on until about a day after I put new strings on, and I stretch the strings and then retune them every time I play.
Quote by nager
Did you stretch your strings out? I don't put my nuts on until about a day after I put new strings on, and I stretch the strings and then retune them every time I play.

yep. put them on yesterday, let them stretch out, than put the nuts on.
Quote by Mo Jiggity

Quote by thespian948
yep. put them on yesterday, let them stretch out, than put the nuts on.

Nah man you gotta physically stretch them out or they will keep coming out of tune
before locking the nut, you should tune your guitar a little flat. Then when you clamp the locking tuners down, you should be close to perfect tuning with minimal adjustments. Don't forget to back tune your strings such as: E>A>E>A>D>E>A>D>G...ect
is the high e sliding out of the NUT or the actuall bridge itself?
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by f22master
is the high e sliding out of the NUT or the actuall bridge itself?

the actual bridge.

Ghold: i tuned it flat first, locked the nuts down. it was even flatter after doing that. i dont know how that works..but.it happened.
Quote by Mo Jiggity

if it came out of the actual bridge then u need to tighten the saddle string clamp.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
How much of the high E string is down into the locking part of the tremolo? (forgot the name..)
Stretch the strings, tune with the tuners, clamp the nut, tune with fine tuners, etc..
Signatures are overrated.