Hey guys, I'm ordering a BC Rich DLXJRVO and it's going to be tuned to drop A. I was originally thinking of having .011's put on it but I'm think that these may be slightly slacking from the drop tuning. Although the guitar is a 25.5 in. scale, should I perhaps try .012's instead? Thanks.
11s should be fine.
Interested in vitamins and their many uses? Visit my site to learn more about vitamins that can give you energy, increased gym performance, increased recovery, and improved overall health (no broscience)
Check it out: Energizedbyvitamins.com
They'll work, but they wont sound quite as good as .12's. I could use .9's or .10's to play in drop c, but the thicker strings give it a crisp sound that I rather enjoy.

Try both out, see what you like. After all, strings aren't really expensive.

EDIT: I dont see why having small hands would affect the string gauge you need to use(unless .13 strings are bigger around than your fingers )
Last edited by Pyrofretnic at Aug 19, 2008,
D'Addario Light or Heavy Baritone Strings will probably work. I use the lights for B Standard and Drop B.
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
It's just that since I have smaller hands, my fingers are also smaller in size as well and the larger string gauge is harder for me to grab onto easily on the fretboard, I hope this is making sense.