The Vox Valvtronix AD50VT, is hybrid if i'm not mistaken. So, compared to a line 6 spider 3 120 watt, is it comparably loud, or not? I need an amp that is at least as powerful as a 100 Watt solid. The vox would be ideal for clapton and other bluesy artists i like to play, but is it loud enough?
I played the 35 I think, and it wasn't THAT loud , is there a larger model?

I didn't really like it, the effects weren't all that shiny. But that's JMO

You could always use a tube screamer or some kind of booster
Quote by filthylittleboy
I played the 35 I think, and it wasn't THAT loud , is there a larger model?

I didn't really like it, the effects weren't all that shiny. But that's JMO

You could always use a tube screamer or some kind of booster

Wat?

Check the clips in my profile, they were all recorded with my AD50VT.

EDIT: I've gigged with it, too.
dude. its kinda hard to compare a 50watt to a 120 watt.... but i have the 30 and i can compete-ish with my buddies 75 watt spider. if we both crank it hes gonna win but seeing as i only have 30 watts its alright. my other friend has a 75 wattt celestion speaker vox valvetronix which is damned loud. what are you using it for that you need volume? gigging?
It's a pretty good sounding amp, I've had one and while I never got a chance, I heard that switching the pre-amp tube works wonders to the tone for some reason.

As far as volume, you should be fine, they are plenty loud and can be heard over a drummer in a confined space. And this was with the 30 watt version.
"Don't panic, everything is falling neatly out of order"
- Douglas Adams
check my profile for some clips, i love that tone. My 30's pretty loud, but i can crank it completely, full out, and my ears dont ring after
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
check my profile for some clips, i love that tone. My 30's pretty loud, but i can crank it completely, full out, and my ears dont ring after

If I put mine higher than 1/4, it drowns out all other noises and rattles my windows.

I have a 50 btw.