Hey, all. I got a Taylor Big Baby yesterday and was really enjoying it. Then, I read on these forums that it is not highly regarded due to its smaller bass presence and some issues with durability. As a result, I considered checking out the Seagull S6 and other acoustics in the price range at Guitar Center today.

And wow! I am so glad I stuck with the Big Baby! Perhaps it was just the sample that I tried, but the Seagull S6 did not impress me at all. I tried several others and none was as enjoyable or sounded as good as the Taylor, at least to me.

I'm grateful for the experience though because I am ever so much more appreciative of the unique sound characteristics of the Big Baby.

Cheers!
As long as you're happy with it. The ones I have played all sound like toys. But to each his own.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
That's great that you found the sound of the big baby the best for you. My friend's big baby taylor sounds nice as well so i guess there are one in a hundred that end up good.

i haven't been here that long, but i believe another reason they are not regarded here is because of the poor value you get out of the guitar money-wise . it's a good entry level guitar though in my opinion.

although, i really do hope you did not buy the big baby taylor because of the name on it. i personally believe that my friends seagull guitar (not sure what model it was) sounded better than my friends big baby taylor. that's just my taste though

enjoy your new guitar!
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Thank you! It may have been a factor (the name), but not too big of one. I really did enjoy the tone a lot better from the Big Baby. I just wish I had more S6 samples to try out. Oh well, when I get better on the acoustic, I can improve my ability to discern what guitar is just right for me.