well, that's a pretty catchy riff you got there, but i don't know if it's catchy enough to go on for 4 minutes . i thought at first that it was gonna blow my mind, it sounded great at the beginning, but you just didn't take it anywhere, i mean, you gotta add in something else! definitely throw in a bridge or a chorus and try and get some vocals in there, those will all make it sound less repetitive and more interesting. the thing that stood out the most for me was the sound quality, it sounds like a studio, you gotta tell me how you recorded that.
c4c? http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/theclowntree/
Quote by theclowntree
well, that's a pretty catchy riff you got there, but i don't know if it's catchy enough to go on for 4 minutes . i thought at first that it was gonna blow my mind, it sounded great at the beginning, but you just didn't take it anywhere, i mean, you gotta add in something else! definitely throw in a bridge or a chorus and try and get some vocals in there, those will all make it sound less repetitive and more interesting. the thing that stood out the most for me was the sound quality, it sounds like a studio, you gotta tell me how you recorded that.
c4c? http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/theclowntree/

I have a studio. I built one a couple years ago and have been spending any free time learning how to record. I agree its kind of repetative. I just want to get some record time in and play with some effects. Its something to build on. I do alot of these little jams and will some day go through them and splice good parts from each together. As far as equipment. I have a Mackie 1640 Onyx firewire mixer running into a pc of course. Various Peavey amps, guitars, bass amps and of course a Sonor Force 3007 drum set. The main thing is the Mackie Onyx. Very nice preamps on that mixer. Some say they are too clean. But back to the tune. Yea, the intro is great and the right channel bass (2 bass guitar tracks) drives the thing. A very distorted bass, and another with delay. But like I said in the original post, its a work in progress. Thanks for the listen and if you have any recording questions fire away. Ive learned alot the past 2 years. Oh yea I play all the instruments myself, and Im still a newbie. I need to practice playing more. But Im getting busier recording others.