How hard is it to do a swirl paint job, I figured I would do a white base coat and then some cool bright colors for a swirl paint job. anybody done this before and have any tips, thoughts, ideas or anything?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
if you have a pottery wheel or know someone who does or something else that spins for that matter put it on there and squirt paint on it like those swirl picture maker things you see in amusement parks. you might wanna use some double sided tape to hold it down tho
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
Quote by SoLgEr
if you have a pottery wheel or know someone who does or something else that spins for that matter put it on there and squirt paint on it like those swirl picture maker things you see in amusement parks. you might wanna use some double sided tape to hold it down tho

You wouldnt get the same effect, but I think that would look pretty cool

Member of the Morley PWB Owners Club.
Last edited by orion91 at Aug 20, 2008,
So pretty much get a big container of some type, fill it with water? then swirl in the different colors of paint that you want your swirls to be and dip the guitar into the water. then let it sit for a few mins. then sweep the paint away from the guitar and pull the guitar out of the water? is that right?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
Quote by ccatrackstar
So pretty much get a big container of some type, fill it with water? then swirl in the different colors of paint that you want your swirls to be and dip the guitar into the water. then let it sit for a few mins. then sweep the paint away from the guitar and pull the guitar out of the water? is that right?

As soon as the guitar is fully submersed you can remove the excess paint and pull itout, you dont have to leave it in there, but yeah thats pretty much the jist of it.

Make sure every hole is sealed and test LOTS!

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man