Page 1 of 2
Title explains it all. I used to be able to sit in front of the television for hours on end and not change the channel and be enjoyed throughout (unhealthy and gross, I know, entertaining, yes.)

What do you think?
It's not complete crap, but a lot of the stuff airing currently is. I can't stand reality tv.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
It's been this way for most of the decade.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
It sounds like all current forms of media are taking a turn for the worst.

TV, music, movies, etc.. Rarely do you find a great movie nowadays, or a TV show that doesn't get mind-numbingly boring to watch.. or a band that doesn't strum 3 chords per song and dress "hot" to attract young female fans.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
The original Pokemon was the last good show to air on television. Everything went to shit starting with the Jhoto journeys.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Yeah. I know what you're talking about... When I was 10 or so, I could watch anything and be entertained. Now, with ABSOULUTELY EVERYTHING I OWN BREAKING, I need to resort to television for entertainment. I don't even have access to the internet. Only on certain occasions.

Well, I'm going to go watch the same episode of Scrubs or King of the Hill for the 20th or 30th time. ):
Meh, all I watch is the Discovery and History channel, also CNN. Not much for TV any more, but it used to be cool. Bugs Bunny, Road Runner, Pokemon, Fresh Prince, Drew Carry. I miss being a little kid

EDIT: Clone High, Undergrads, Mission Hill. I miss them
Quote by greatone_12
yes, it has been ever since they canceled Clone High.

That show was amazing. Unfortunately the dude who created died or something. We will never know what happens after they all get frozen. It haunts me.
Epiphone G-400 Goth (I love it so much!)
Digitech RP 80 Modeling Guitar Processor
Viper Amp (Getting new one soon.)
Jay Turser Strat (Worst guitar ever made.)

"Different strokes for different folks."
I've just grown to accept that there will probably never be anything that outdoes Death Note, as most everything seems to pale in comparison.
Not as long as The Office (American version) is on.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Television's fine, and you're all way too young to be shaking your walking stick as you give the "back in my day..." speech anyway.
No adverts, Top Gear, Mock The Week, Have I Got News For You, BBC News, I'm pretty happy . I can't watch TV for ages though, just the programmes I want to.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
There are a few good shows/channels (Office, Mythbusters, History Channel), but for the most part, the tv collects dust now.
Is it just me, or are modern gaming consoles and games getting boring.
I still play DOS games sometimes! But I set down the controller of a 360 in mere minutes of picking it up.
It's like Superman reading the teachings of Jesus. The two greatest musicians on Earth hath combined forces. I officially quit music, as it has reached it's zenith with that cover.
Quote by raess
That show was amazing. Unfortunately the dude who created died or something. We will never know what happens after they all get frozen. It haunts me.

I know it pissed me off that they ended the series with "to be continued..." no doubt for me that it was easily the best thing to come out of MTV.
everything started going downhill when i turned 12, 3 years later still watching the same episodes of south park, mythbusters, futurama, family guy, the simpsons, kingof the hill and that 70's show i know every word to almost every episode

but out of curiosity one day i decided to watch nothing but new cartoons

chowder: what is that ****?
misadventures of flapjack: was that supposed to make me laugh
total drama island: it's a cartoon....reality show (combining the now two worst aspects of t.v.)

all in all not fun, my next journey: disney channel
no its not crap.

some shows i currently like: House, Breaking Bad, King of the Hill, South Park, Daily Show, Colbert Report, Mythbusters, Dirty Jobs, Survivorman, Man vs. Wild, Deadliest Catch, CSI, CSI Miami, Monk, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me.

plus some older shows that have reruns on, like Malcolm in the Middle, Full House, Fresh Prince, etc.
Quote by MyNameIsLame
or a band that doesn't strum 3 chords per song and dress "hot" to attract young female fans.

surely you're not talking about tokio hotel? those guys/girls are going places...
08' Fender MiA Strat
Fender Blues Junior
it's always been crap, but yes it is getting MUCH worse.
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
Its always been crap. When you could watch it, it was just crap that you liked.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
What is already full of **** can't turn any worse.

IMO
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Depends really, I find at around 11 theres F all on, on a weekend on 1000+ channels.

But weekdays its Stargate and Relic hHunter on till 5pm so alls good

Too many reality shows.... BIG BROTHER I MEAN WHAT THE ****!? I dont wanna watch incredibly retarded people living in a house.... then getting turned into a celebrity for it.... Jade Goody got cancer I lulled.. I'm going to hell
Last edited by condork at Aug 20, 2008,
it certainly seems to be going bad to my eyes, but i'm probably just missing the great childhood shows. god damn i miss good nickelodeon. 99% of my tv watching (not including olympics) is now devoted to scrubs.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
I lost faith in television when Goku rather anticlimatically let his spirit bomb go after episodes and episodes of yelling and panting. I mean really, Goku, REALLY. The hours you spent drawing the essence of nature from the planet was something you could've told the producers to edit out. I just wanna see blood.
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
Quote by CobainBohnam
Title explains it all. I used to be able to sit in front of the television for hours on end and not change the channel and be enjoyed throughout (unhealthy and gross, I know, entertaining, yes.)

What do you think?

There's still some good stuff on TV but yea most of it is crap.
I see a lot more commercials and "copied" programs now.

The reason I'm going into the TV pro. field is to try to change some of this and bring back good TV.........
Quote by CobainBohnam
Has Television Turned to Crap?

Yes, especially Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
ren and stimpy was awesome.
**** YOU NICKELODEON!!]
It was okay at 6pm.
Showing it at 10pm then cancelling iy was BANG out of order.
Quote by Dionietzsche
I think its always been crap. Books FTW

Couldn't agree more.

The only problem with books compared to TV is the relative effort involved in acquiring them.

Also, downloading the best TV shows is the best way to go. Things like Black Books, that never get shown these days.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
I don't even watch TV anymore, it's so sickening. There's a few shows that are remotely interesting, so I just find them online, namely House, Scrubs, and a couple anime shows. The only time I might watch TV is for the Grammys or something.
HeartGold FC: 4340 7508 2259
Black FC: 5114 4986 4432
It turned to crap a long time ago... All that ever seems to be on are various 'reality' shows or sh*t with apparent celebrities you haven't heard of.

Thank god for sports channels...
Page 1 of 2