No im not talking about the band, the band is alright in my opinion, im speaking of that piss poor excuse for a magazine. I dont know about you but I get tired of hearing about the same artists and overrated guitarists in every 'greatest' list they make, which they always leave rush off of which is just terrible. It proves their lack of credibility. Not to mention when an album is released they talk bad about it give it a bad review then 15 years later they praise it as one of the best albums ever and change the rating from a 1 star to a 5. A perfect example of this would be Journey. They go from hating to loving them. Did the same thing with Nirvana's Nevermind as well.

Im sure this is probably against the rules, and if it is it will get reported soon, but I was wondering if anyone else shares my strong hate for this crappy mag.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Hatred shared! It isn't even about rock music anymore, half the cover articles feature teenybopper bands.
If they had any credibility left, they lost it when they hired that former FHM editor.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
it's not like any list you would make would be any better. i would sure like to see yours, but then again i would be laughing like hyena because of how pathetic it would be.
I hope to accomplish one in my life:
Make a living as a musician
Become a journalist; intern at Sub Pop records
Make a music magazine that doesn't change to accommodate the current trend
I subscribe and I read it often, sometimes they have good articles. But I know what you mean. I hate it when they put guys like the jonas bros and that douche from highschool musical and even those cumb dunts from the hills. Every time they put another 'flavor of the month' on the cover it loses a shred of credibility.
08' Fender MiA Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Quote by DayTripper1967
it's not like any list you would make would be any better. i would sure like to see yours, but then again i would be laughing like hyena because of how pathetic it would be.

Id never attempt one of those unless it was a personal list. I know that things like that are personal opinions, but seriously when your making a list like that thats supposed to be for the readers you think they would at least make the list not diverse and put the same crap up there.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
As editors go in and out of Rolling Stone, opinions change. They're also catering to public opinions, not to the truth - which is why they rate older musicians as "OMG THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST"

But I agree, Rolling Stone sucks nowadays.

Quote by DayTripper1967

That's like saying no one can critique Michael Angelo Batio because no one can do what he does. Get your head out of your ass and into the real world please.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I had it for like a year, I didn't find it worth re-subscribing. It's just stupid. The staff of Rolling Stone's opinion probably hasn't changed on Nevermind, they just don't want to be the stupid ****'s who called it a failure.
I think it's pretty much without a home. Y'know, like a complete unknown.
Last edited by Sir Anonymous at Aug 20, 2008,
Quote by ESP Axes Man
Magazine Sucks, Band overated!

explain to me how the Rolling Stones are overrated.
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by Raijouta
As editors go in and out of Rolling Stone, opinions change. They're also catering to public opinions, not to the truth - which is why they rate older musicians as "OMG THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST"

<_<
>_>
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
Id never attempt one of those unless it was a personal list. I know that things like that are personal opinions, but seriously when your making a list like that thats supposed to be for the readers you think they would at least make the list not diverse and put the same crap up there.

But what he really meant to say was...

Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
Id never attempt one of those unless it was a personal list. I know that things like that are personal opinions, but seriously when your making a list like that thats supposed to be for the readers you think they would at least make the list more diverse instead of putting the same crap up there.

Quote by Sir Anonymous
I think it's pretty much without a home. Y'know, like a complete unkown.

Well done, sir.
You don't have to hate it, just see it for what it is; a popular magazine that massively publicises whatever the recording companies want it to.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by Doppelgänger

<_<
>_>

Awesome.

good call.

Quote by Raijouta
That's like saying no one can critique Michael Angelo Batio because no one can do what he does. Get your head out of your ass and into the real world please.

if you don't like it, then don't read it. it's as simple as that. stop whining about lists that didn't have YOUR personal favorites on it. ANY list but your own is going to be wrong. they won't make every single person happy. if you want to bash a list, then come up with a better list. you're michael angel batio analogy doesn't work either, we're talking about a freaking music magazine here.
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD

lol, rolling stone probably has the most diverse lists out of any i see. what "same crap" do they keeping putting on, as you put it?
Quote by DayTripper1967
if you don't like it, then don't read it. it's as simple as that. stop whining about lists that didn't have YOUR personal favorites on it. ANY list but your own is going to be wrong. they won't make every single person happy. if you want to bash a list, then come up with a better list. you're michael angel batio analogy doesn't work either, we're talking about a freaking music magazine here.

Was I ever whining? I was simply pointing out the flaw in your logic. Furthermore, analogies are meant to bring out similarities or dissimilarities in sometimes totally unrelated subjects. I also don't recall reading the rules of criticism which state "In order to dislike something and voice your opinion, you must surpass said something to a unanimous quality".

Rolling Stone used to be alot more professional and honest in its heyday (mid-late '60s, here) but now they're just in it for profit rather than abstract constructs of the human mind.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by DayTripper1967
lol, rolling stone probably has the most diverse lists out of any i see. what "same crap" do they keeping putting on, as you put it?

I think we have a fanboy
Jeff Loomis

Myspace.com/geneticbydesign
Quote by madhampster
I think we have a fanboy

i think we have a dickhead who cried because his favorite metal guitarists weren't rated higher than kurt cobain in some music magazine.
Quote by DayTripper1967
i think we have a dickhead who cried because his favorite metal guitarists weren't rated higher than kurt cobain in some music magazine.

haha i said no such thing you prepubescent fanboy who is pissed because nobody likes his magazine
Jeff Loomis

Quote by madhampster
haha i said no such thing you prepubescent fanboy who is pissed because nobody likes his magazine

i never said i liked rollling stone, if you can find it show me. at the end of the day, i don't give a ****ing **** what music magazine some people on the internet read, but nice try though.
Its actually not a bad magazine. Sure the people on the cover aren't usually talented musicians, but if you get over that and read the magazine they have really good articles. The writers are definitely big music fans.
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Seagull S6+Cedar
Yamaha Pacifica
Epiphone Valve Special
Boss OD-3
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Quote by DayTripper1967
i never said i liked rollling stone, if you can find it show me. at the end of the day, i don't give a ****ing **** what music magazine some people on the internet read, but nice try though.

Aww damnit I can't, oh well on to the next argument. Nice exchanging insults with you
Jeff Loomis

i agree

i can't like somthing that doesn't like Led Zeppelin i just can't
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by Shayne777
i agree

i can't like somthing that doesn't like Led Zeppelin i just can't

Zeppelin was one of the bands they originally talked **** about and back in 06 they had a cover with page on it praising him. I hate it how they dont stick to their original opinions.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^