Page 1 of 2
What's the evolutionary purpose of sleeping??? It seems like such a huge ****ing waste of time.

I was gonna go to sleep now but seriously why do I have a physical need to??
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
umm, your body needs to rest.
08' Fender MiA Strat
Fender Blues Junior
yeah but why?????

I'm being serious here. I don't understand how it's evolutionarily efficient to devote 7-10 hours a day (33% of your life) to doing absolutely nothing.
Quote by Trowzaa
Sleeping is awesome. I wish I could get some sleep.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
hey i like sleeping its a good time killer

next ur gonna say eating is a huge waste of time too
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
yeah really, sleeping pwns noobs. and what were cavemen gonna do when its dark out? fap?
Ever seen that seinfeld episode where kramer thinks he doesnt have to sleep.

He turned out ok.

But seriously. I hate sleep too. You could get so much done if you didnt get tired.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by alexjulia
yeah really, sleeping pwns noobs. and what were cavemen gonna do when its dark out? fap?

no cavemen didn't fap. they should have used that time to **** women to help populate the human species. that way their descendants (us) wouldn't have developed a physical need to sleep.

****ing cavemen....
Quote by Trowzaa
Last edited by vartanspartan at Aug 20, 2008,
i'm with TS here.
its incredibly frustrating and such an obvious flaw on the human design that we have to perform this ritual every night.

there were endurance drugs designed for military applications that tricked the brain into believing it didn't need to sleep, or something to that effect. but it was never made for the public.
which is also pretty frustrating.
i see it as a trigger for further human evolution.

but then maybe i'm crazy.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by vartanspartan
What's the evolutionary purpose of sleeping???

To regain energy. There's other ways but sleeping is the most efficient. I doubt you can stay sane drinking 5 cans of Red Bull every day.
Quote by alexjulia

rofl
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
sleep is needed because thats when ur body repairs everything thats broken down during the day
Quote by danielrobbyshor
there were endurance drugs designed for military applications that tricked the brain into believing it didn't need to sleep, or something to that effect. but it was never made for the public.
which is also pretty frustrating.
i see it as a trigger for further human evolution.

but then maybe i'm crazy.

meth + caffeine... it's a temporary replacement for sleep but eventually u start hallucinating and ****
Quote by Trowzaa
The actual specific things that happen during sleep and the real purpose of it are still under debate by scientists, though (I just took a neuroscience course last quarter ).

Just know that you need sleep to recover and keep your body running smoothly.
The human mind burns four times as much energy as the next intelligent animal. Sleep allows your neurons to relax, and not get over worked. They aren't like muscle cells that replace themselves. They simply die if overworked and don't get replaced.
And you only have so many.
"Love truth, Pardon error."-Voltaire

My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Gibson Black Beauty
Schecter Avenger
Mesa Triple Rectifier
Marshal 1962 4X12 cab
Dunlop Jazz III's
You know, lack of sleep for a week or two can kill you. The thing you really need is dreaming though, if you don't you will go insane.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Honestly...it's sleep...if you haven't come to terms and accepted that yet, well then...that's just not good, now is it?
Quote by Agent Paul Smecker
They had no idea what they were in for. Now they're staring at six men with guns drawn. It was a f***ing ambush.
This was a f***ing bomb dropping on Beaver Cleaverville. For a few seconds, this place was Armageddon!
There was a firefight!
it gives time for the body to heal and grow it also lets the brain recharge and properly store knowledge you collect during the day
because after four days of not sleeping you're a big blabbery mess, try asking some of the people in Guantanamo Bay and the like - they know exactly why sleep is important

EDIT: restoration of brain tissue I believe
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Last edited by EnyoAdonai at Aug 20, 2008,
Mate its casue that other 67% of a time your working hard in your daily life (atleast most of us) and u need to recover after all that thinking and moving and working. YOur body repairs itself.
My Gear:

Fender 2008 American Series Standard Stratocaster
Hand Made Acoustic Guitar (made by my uncle)
Epiphone Limited Edition G-400 with maestro trem
BOSS DS-1
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah
Peavey Bandit
Quote by Sonicxlover
You know, lack of sleep for a week or two can kill you. The thing you really need is dreaming though, if you don't you will go insane.

If I'm not mistaken, that's how mozart died. Every time he tried to sleep he thought of a new music piece and got up to right it down. idk, maybe that's just a myth.
Quote by Trowzaa
Quote by vartanspartan
yeah but why?????

I'm being serious here. I don't understand how it's evolutionarily efficient to devote 7-10 hours a day (33% of your life) to doing absolutely nothing.

Your body isn't doing "nothing" while you sleep.
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
Your body isn't doing "nothing" while you sleep.

I understand, your brain repairs itself, but you're not doing anything productive outside of your body.
Quote by Trowzaa
Sleep allows your brain time to process the events of the day and the day before that, and the coming day... and also allows your neurons to rest as mentioned before.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by vartanspartan
I understand, your brain repairs itself, but you're not doing anything productive outside of your body.

Your body grows when you sleep.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Quote by Sonicxlover

whats ur logic for that
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by niflag
solution= polyphasic.

yeah but it's kind of hard to do that in modern society. plus it makes it harder to stay up all day when u actually need to.
Quote by Trowzaa
Sleep regenerates your energy so you can keep awake tomorow too. It also makes your body grow and rests the brain. If you do not sleep you will get weaker sight, judgement, and you will have a hard time focusing on stuff.
Quote by PsychoJeams
Sleep regenerates your energy so you can keep awake tomorow too. It also makes your body grow and rests the brain. If you do not sleep you will get weaker sight, judgement, and you will have a hard time focusing on stuff.

That's all true but why can't we do this while conscious?

Shayne777 said something along the lines of "what's next, 'what's the point of eating'?" but eating provides energy... sleeping makes your body undergo certain processes that for some ****ed up reason you can't do while conscious. If we're such a great species you'd think we'd evolve beyond that need.

I mean, right now, I'm lying down in my bed using my laptop. Am I really using that much energy that my body can't undergo the same processes as when I sleep???
Quote by Trowzaa
Last edited by vartanspartan at Aug 20, 2008,
if i dont wanna sleep i pop a few monsters done,other then tha,i usually pass out playing guitar
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Quote by -Rob-
I love sleeping.

I love sleeping too. I just wish I had a choice of whether or not to sleep.
Not sleep or die of exhaustion after a certain amount of time.

**** this... i'm going to sleep.
Quote by Trowzaa
So what if you're not doing anything productive while you sleep. You're not being productive when you fap, or play video games, or go on the pit. Sleep is the same way, it's a break from mental and physical exertion.
yeah but even if it's just a waste of free time, it's still a waste of time whether you could be working, playing, fapping, etc.

gah!!!!! why am i even still posting here?? I said i'm going to sleep....
Quote by Trowzaa
Page 1 of 2