i am just making this topic to see how many people got a degree in something and got a job that has nothing to do with it... so please answer this

If you completed college:
what was your degree in
what career did you end up doing afterward?
Well, I go to University and this year I finish my Business Degree in Management and HR...

But I'll still be studying next year to complete my Bachelor of Music Composition/Technology and Production... so that's kind of like getting a degree then getting a different job.

A little more direct is what my sister did...

Bachelor of Hotel Managment...

She's now a OCH&S officer for Australias biggest electrician apprenticeship firm.

College/Uni is good like that, no employers care what degree you have, as long as you have one
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
That's one of the plans I'll carry out a little later in life. For now I'll stay working at the studio I work at now and accumulate gear and practical expertise.

With any luck my band will continue to do alright a keep me busy for another few years.

Then my film major friend and I will pool our money and open a multimedia firm to cover everything from voice overs to full scale music and film production.

And then, I'll think about a label or a personal studio or something.
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
I got a degree in carpentry from a vocational school or career college, whatever you call it there. Basically 3 years of building furniture from scratch. Unemployed at the moment. Last job was packing potatoes.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
I didn't finish my languages degree, I currently work in events crewing, which covers all kinds of stuff in creative arts, mainly to do with moving big heavy stuff into venues, rigging light and sound systems. Puts me in touch with lots of other people with similar interests, which keeps me in touch with lots of projects.

I want to work in video production and stills photography, while dabbling in a bit of rock and roll technical production, and I'm building the skills and experience to do that at the moment. I'm not in a huge hurry to go back to uni.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Quote by Swat Man
bump

Don't bump threads.

Well my idea is that if you're worried about this, you should see if your school has like a career office or something and see if they'll help you find a job.
I'm doing EE, still have a couple of years left

I'm sincerely hoping that I either find a company in my home town that needs someone (mechanical and civil engineers seem to be the most in demand) or invent something neat on my own
or IT is always there for any people who did engineering/physics/math...but I'm trying to avoid it
Quote by metaldud536
Don't bump threads.

Well my idea is that if you're worried about this, you should see if your school has like a career office or something and see if they'll help you find a job.

im not worried, i was just making this topic to see how many people actually got a job doing what they went to college for
im doing btec in music at collge but i have no idea what i want to do after...i mean i want to go to uni but only because it will buy me some time so i can think of something i want to do. reccomend me a career pit
RIDICULOUS BIG SIG!!!
I have a degree in History of Art and Architecture with Philosophy. I work in a Palladian mansion for the National Trust, my job reflects pretty well why I chose to do my degree in those 2 subjects, and my career is in exactly the place I want it.

I'm only 21 but because I worked part-time during uni doing something relevant to my degree rather than in a shop or a bar, I now have a full-time job that most people in their twenties wouldn't have much of a hope of getting. In fact, I think I'm one of the youngest people in the country to do what I do and to already have the right qualification for it.
Quote by AAAARRRGGGGHHH!
im doing btec in music at collge but i have no idea what i want to do after...i mean i want to go to uni but only because it will buy me some time so i can think of something i want to do. reccomend me a career pit

That seems like a very expensive way to buy time
Went to school for Electrical Engineering

Now i am an Electrical Engineer

Designing equipment (Control Systems) that are saving lives n shizz
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom

Effects:
Too Many to list.
Quote by rigiddigits
I have a degree in History of Art and Architecture with Philosophy. I work in a Palladian mansion for the National Trust, my job reflects pretty well why I chose to do my degree in those 2 subjects, and my career is in exactly the place I want it.

I'm only 21 but because I worked part-time during uni doing something relevant to my degree rather than in a shop or a bar, I now have a full-time job that most people in their twenties wouldn't have much of a hope of getting. In fact, I think I'm one of the youngest people in the country to do what I do and to already have the right qualification for it.

What part-time job did you have?
I worked in the same place as I am working now, but in various different and less responsible roles. I started out volunteering and they offered me some work because they knew what I was studying and how difficult it was to get anywhere in this field without experience.
Quote by rigiddigits
I worked in the same place as I am working now, but in various different and less responsible roles. I started out volunteering and they offered me some work because they knew what I was studying and how difficult it was to get anywhere in this field without experience.

How useful is that Philosophy degree, by the way? I'm thinking of taking it with History.
Quote by rigiddigits

It's impossible to do that here anyway.

2 degrees = 6 years.

We start university at 19.

I'm majoring in journalism, with a minor in law. Might do a masters in Political Science
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
i finished a BTEC National Diploma 2 year course in graphic design in july. before that, i did a 1 year art and design course.
i haven't got a job yet - and finding one in graphic design in my area isn't easy.
I'm doing what I went to school for.
Computer Engineering/Computer Sciences
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
Quote by Donaldguitar
How useful is that Philosophy degree, by the way? I'm thinking of taking it with History.
It's a joint honours with Art History. It works well in the sense that the other subject guides your career, but Philosophy trains your mind (well, in theory ) and cements your general outlook. On a CV it isn't massively impressive except that it perhaps gives the impression that I'm literate and can concentrate/think critically; but personally it's been a great help. I would definitely recommend taking it as a joint subject.
Quote by JeanMi36
It's impossible to do that here anyway.

2 degrees = 6 years.

We start university at 19.

I'm majoring in journalism, with a minor in law. Might do a masters in Political Science
See above post. It's not 2 degrees, its one, but it's made up of half one subject and half another!