Page 1 of 4
So you're playing THAT solo, and the crowd is just about eating out of your hand. Everything's going great, and it's just about at the time where you pull out your signature move, and the crowd goes crazy -- What do you do? (Rest assured I'll be copiously note taking here )

While I'm far from any sort of good mover and shaker on stage, I have one go to move - A synchronised headbang with the Rhythm Guitarist and the Bassist coming out of one of our breakdowns and back into the chorus. It's nothing special, but the crowd knows it's coming now, and usually get quite into it.

Feel free to bend the limitations of this thread to tell me about your favourite Guitar move.
I do the Townshend-Corpsegrinder. Smash the guitar on the head of the nearest fan.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
i tear my pants off and start fapping furiously and all the chicks are like "omg i love you sooo much!" and i'm like "k koo"
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by ryan_nadon
i tear my pants off and start fapping furiously and all the chicks are like "omg i love you sooo much!" and i'm like "k koo"

YOU BASTARD YOU STOLE MY MOVE!!!
I've never actually done it while playing, but in Muse's video for Time is Running Out, Matt Bellamy does a power slide and does a dance move with the beat to get back on his feet. It's pretty sick. I did it at a dance once but not during a show.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
I whammy.

without my whammy bar
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
Found it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN_X-ACZP6E
series of moves after 1:14
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
I do the Claudio Sanchez shotgun. I LOVE it.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by NotAGuitarHero
I whammy.

without my whammy bar

oh gee, thats epic
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
Not really a special move but i love tapping, im good at it(stuff thats actually hard >.>
When i solo or improv its there and sounds beautiful.
throw the guitar around my body in an anti-clockwise direction during a short break in the music of one my band's songs.
Quote by yawn
There are most certainly not the same thing. They share the same notes, but then again a hamburger and vomit could share the same molecular composition.

Need a laugh?

Quote by GeneralGrim
Lmao. You, sir, just made my year.
I do that thing where I play the notes at a respectable volume thank the crowd very polity and then leave. Its BROOOTAL!
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
I can Irish Step Dance while playing the guitar. Haven't had the guts to try it on stage yet xD
The Pit. The Movie.
well theres the smoking guitar and the rocket launcher guitar
but more importantly, i trip the bassist
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
Quote by elekguit
I do the Claudio Sanchez shotgun. I LOVE it.

ftw.
Quote by dubstar92
Sparks92 is made of win

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.
PM stepco12345 to join!

Last edited by Sparks92 : Tomorrow at 13:37 AM.
i play freebird using only my penis, then once the solo starts, i do add powerslides
Quote by Crimson Ghost
well theres the smoking guitar and the rocket launcher guitar
but more importantly, i trip the bassist

haha
also, I do rey mysterio's 619 while soloing, a crowd favorite
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
i enjoy the ol' smash ur guitar through ur amp trick
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
i bite the head off a fan in close proximity why'll i kill hardcore dancers with sonic mayhem.

its not much, but its my life.
*Enter Sig Here*
What, pray tell, is this Claudio Sanchez shotgun? I love Coheed and Cambria so any kick-ass move he has must be pretty... kick-ass, I guess.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
I can do tap harmonics with my tounge. I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty much the coolest move ever.
Quote by RNRSoldier
What, pray tell, is this Claudio Sanchez shotgun? I love Coheed and Cambria so any kick-ass move he has must be pretty... kick-ass, I guess.

He holds his guitar up to his shoulder like a gun, and plays it, adding little "recoil" motions at rythmic punctuations.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
i skank sometimes on stage
im in a thrash metal band by the way

no one really seems to care when i do it though
Quote by Cheesepuff
I get creeped out when fat people stare at me.

Quote by flame843
EDGAR ALLEN PWNED.
Quote by SG Man Forever
I can do tap harmonics with my tounge. I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty much the coolest move ever.

He holds his guitar up to his shoulder like a gun, and plays it, adding little "recoil" motions at rythmic punctuations.

Any videos? I'd like to see it.

Anyways, I like the classic spin around the body like in my avatar.
Loyal Member of the "Pluto Memorial Club." PM Dæmönika
Member 20 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09
Member 4 of UG's Anti-Hunting League - PM Holy Katana
Heretic And Killer, P.M guitar_man_guy or T0xicitY
During the breakdown, I eat a hooker at the beginning of every bar.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Ikilledkenny
Any videos? I'd like to see it.

Anyways, I like the classic spin around the body like in my avatar.

I don't have a video camera, or else I would, but what I do is I pick the note, either normally, or with my teeth, and bring the guitar up to my face so that people can still see all the strings, as well as my face, and then while the note is sustaining, I touch the string where the harmonic node is located, and let her rip.

I got the idea from watching Steve Vai do it, only I'm actually doing it.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by Fivebretz
So you're playing THAT solo, and the crowd is just about eating out of your hand. Everything's going great, and it's just about at the time where you pull out your signature move, and the crowd goes crazy -- What do you do? (Rest assured I'll be copiously note taking here )

While I'm far from any sort of good mover and shaker on stage, I have one go to move - A synchronised headbang with the Rhythm Guitarist and the Bassist coming out of one of our breakdowns and back into the chorus. It's nothing special, but the crowd knows it's coming now, and usually get quite into it.

Feel free to bend the limitations of this thread to tell me about your favourite Guitar move.

I was watching Lost online when I clicked on this thread, in fact I was watching the exact scene where Jacob/Christian tells Locke to move the island, so your avatar and user title gave me a WTF moment.
well i don't do any of these during solos, I do the typical lift the guitar over the shoulder thing like you're going to swing it but you never let go. Then I do that thing where you do one spin kinda slowly and then use the momentem to jump in the air and spin again kinda doing like a double windmill kick. I also do this thing there I hold the guitar in my left hand then throw it across my body and then as it's about to wrap around me i catch with my right arm and pull it back down. Then i'm working on doing a cartwheel, then me and the other guitarist are practicing throwing out guitars across to each others during breaks of songs. Soon as I buy straplocks i'm going to practice that spinning the guitar around you.

I kinda suck at describing things sorry... >.<
Take the metal stance to the max, get wider and wider until it hurts and it actually hard to get up.

Its not cool, its not clever. But its my thing
God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed.
Page 1 of 4