So I have been looking online all night at paint ideas for strats, I thought about doing a swirl at first but I have decided I want to do a monterey strat replica. I'm Gonna get a body offline. I was wondering what should i use to paint the white and red colors on the guitar? also for the intricate designs on it i thought about using paint pens, good idea or not?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
i did one years ago. just used spray paint and some touch up paint that was gathering dust in the garage. its not perfect but i did alright to say i didnt have a proper picture of it when i was doing it

Yes indeed. I'm doing to same, but building the guitar.. Im not gonna find it for you but guitarattack.com has a good tutorial on how to do it. The red is "Fiesta Red" a 1956 ford thunderbird color. White is just a white spray.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
cool thanks guys, hooglebug thats a sweet guitar. it's not spot on recreation of jimi's but it still looks awesome.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
bump
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
I know this is slightly off-topic, but is anyone else here pissed that Fender stuck that stupid sticker on their Monterey strat in the middle of the white section? No need at all.
yeah that is pretty stupid, it makes the guitar look kind tacky.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
^yup. i remember posting that link, the guys on that site are amazing and they lay the whole process out step-by-step so u can figure it out too...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking