Posted a new topic, because we just got our mastered tracks in (for anyone that has listened to us already), and I didn't want our thread to be misleading. :P

www.myspace.com/silentsurrendertx

Enjoy, leave some feedback, and a link for me to crit as well.
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Squier Fender Stratocaster
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960A Lead Cabinet
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Check out my band:www.myspace.com/silentsurrendertx
i enjoyed it, "vengeance" is nice and heavy, it got me moving :3 IMO a good band should be able to make a person moving lol, and also your first song is pretty unpredictable, i like it. btw nice harmonics
come check out my band

we're an experimental blackened groove metal band

DARK SUPREMACY
Hey good to hear that there are some metal bands out here in Tx. Where the hell is Keller though? I live near houston and it really sucks out here. No where around here( within 20 miles) really caters to metal, if even rock. Ill listen to your stuff though man.
Good Luck with your stuff.
Keller is a little city in the DFW area

It's just a little nothing town close to Fort Worth. Next to Southlake, Grapevine, and Watauga if those names mean anything (which they probably don't either)

and thanks.
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Peavey 6505+
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

im listening waiting for the first verse and thinking its gonna be all yelling and screaming and stuff cause thats what ive grown to expect from UG metal bands. and then all of a sudden theres singing, and im completly thrown off. and now im really hoping for a solo.... there we go. haha yes perfect way to bring the solo to an end, boom vocals come out of no where, maybe its just me but you almost seem coheedish, like obviously not the singing, but theres just a slight seeming of them in there.
suh-weet
Absolutely phenominal guys. It's a mix of metalcore, progressive and just straight up metal! I Love it. Keep it up!
WOW!!! This is some really great stuff guys, it sounds like the perfect combination of everything I like, if you ever made a CD, I would be first in line to buy. Good job!!!!
Aw, kick ASS! I live about 30 mins. from Ft. Worth. It kinda sucks cuz I'm getting a band together and there's, like, not even one event that needs a cover band. None of us write anything. We should though...

Getting back to the topic at hand, you guys kick ass. I wish I could go see one of your live shows (if you do any, I don't know cause my computer doesn't do myspace).
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Primus2112
Aw, kick ASS! I live about 30 mins. from Ft. Worth. It kinda sucks cuz I'm getting a band together and there's, like, not even one event that needs a cover band. None of us write anything. We should though...

Getting back to the topic at hand, you guys kick ass. I wish I could go see one of your live shows (if you do any, I don't know cause my computer doesn't do myspace).

There's plenty of places that do cover gigs! Best places to look are at bars and pubs. Oreilly's, The Rockstar, Vampire Lounge, Skillmans Street Pub, places along those lines usually have nights for cover bands in general. USUALLY though it's towards tribute bands, for instance our drummer is also in a Megadeth tribute band, "Sweating Bullets", and they gig often at aforementioned places. If you're a collective cover band you could still probably sneak a slot in, and just read the rosters to your advantage. Bars love covers, and if you found something that really 'clicked' with you guys, you could run it up to Ridglea on an open artist night and get some serious exposure!

And we definitely do live shows, we just got back from a gig today in Lewisville, and we had played The Door Fort Worth last week. Curtain club should be calling us for sometime in later november, and I think we're gonna book an open artist night at Ridglea as well in the near future. If you really want info you can sign up on our mailing list at www.silentsurrender.fanbridge.com especially since myspace doesn't seem to work for you. We want to make sure info can get out to everyone in every medium possible.

Honestly glad you guys are enjoying the music thus far. I think it's by far one of the coolest things that all of us collectively as musicians get to share our music easily over the net and allow people from all over the world to hear it. Even if it's nothing serious, its really sincere to know that people are listening to your music.
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Peavey 6505+
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

It has to be a place that lets in under 18s. That's why we're trying to write stuff. To play at the Door. I'm gonna make thread for us as soon as we get our proverbial shit together, so to speak.

Awesome! If and when you guys play the Ridglea I'll have to try and make it to one of your shows.

Honestly, I don't think it's possible for a sensible metalhead NOT to like your stuff. I love it.
Anywhere else that you guy host your music? Or if you're selling CDs?

Also, I'd like to sort of promote you guys. I know quite a few prog/metalheads who would love this.
Quote by Primus2112
It has to be a place that lets in under 18s. That's why we're trying to write stuff. To play at the Door. I'm gonna make thread for us as soon as we get our proverbial shit together, so to speak.

Awesome! If and when you guys play the Ridglea I'll have to try and make it to one of your shows.

Honestly, I don't think it's possible for a sensible metalhead NOT to like your stuff. I love it.
Anywhere else that you guy host your music? Or if you're selling CDs?

Also, I'd like to sort of promote you guys. I know quite a few prog/metalheads who would love this.

Well, we do have a purevolume ( www.purevolume.com/silentsurrendertx ), but we don't do much work on it at all, and it gets absolutely no traffic. Only reason we made it was to show people at our school (which blocks myspace but not Purevolume).

We are working on a record right now which should be done before this summer. Once we finish it up we're gonna cruise around the state and hit up the 'college areas' and play their surrounding venues to promote the band/album. There will definitely be more news on that when the time rolls around.

And we can definitely dig the promoting. Everything helps, and we appreciate it more than anything you could possibly imagine. If anybody you know has a myspace and they like us or whatnot, just have them add us and join the circle because we're doing everything we can to start taking off.
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Peavey 6505+
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Nice. What filter does your school use, BTW?

I'll have to see if I can make it to your shows. And bring my metalhead friends.

Great. I'll get my guitarist to listen to/add you guys. He'll love it, I'm 100% sure.
For the people inquiring about future DFW Shows:

We are rocking the Door FT Worth on Nov. 30th. Got a killer 30 minute set with some good variety that will be sure to satisfy your night. We have plenty of stage ideas we are ready to implement that the Door may have possibly never had on their stage yet. If anyone is in the area I'd definitely recommend checking it out

and we got booked for a BOTB at the Palladium Ballroom in February (21st). We are looking forward to this VERY much, so if you frequent the Deep Ellum area, check it =D

We also started tracking a new song on Friday, but we're returning on Dec. 5th to actually tidy it up and finish it. It's very upbeat and has a thrash feel instrumentally, but the vocals make it more of an interesting ride. It'll be our last straight up 'heavy' one for a while.
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Peavey 6505+
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

very good, I enjoyed it
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
Quote by Alternate_rock
im listening waiting for the first verse and thinking its gonna be all yelling and screaming and stuff cause thats what ive grown to expect from UG metal bands. and then all of a sudden theres singing, and im completly thrown off. and now im really hoping for a solo.... there we go. haha yes perfect way to bring the solo to an end, boom vocals come out of no where, maybe its just me but you almost seem coheedish, like obviously not the singing, but theres just a slight seeming of them in there.
suh-weet

Couldn't agree more. 99.9A% of the bands on here are TERRIBLE, and I love coming and listening to how terrible the vocals are, and how unoriginal everything is.

This is actually really good. I'm impressed.
I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on.
Quote by SilverStratocas
For the people inquiring about future DFW Shows:

We are rocking the Door FT Worth on Nov. 30th. Got a killer 30 minute set with some good variety that will be sure to satisfy your night. We have plenty of stage ideas we are ready to implement that the Door may have possibly never had on their stage yet. If anyone is in the area I'd definitely recommend checking it out

and we got booked for a BOTB at the Palladium Ballroom in February (21st). We are looking forward to this VERY much, so if you frequent the Deep Ellum area, check it =D

We also started tracking a new song on Friday, but we're returning on Dec. 5th to actually tidy it up and finish it. It's very upbeat and has a thrash feel instrumentally, but the vocals make it more of an interesting ride. It'll be our last straight up 'heavy' one for a while.

SCHWEEEET!

I'll have to ask my dad.
Alright guys. Bumped this bad boy up...

...Because we have a new song up! We produced it at a new place so it has a different feel to it. Let us know what you think of it! We're quite happy with how it turned out.
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Peavey 6505+
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

For anybody in the DFW area, check it out! We'd LOVE to see some fellow UGers there We play at 8p.
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Peavey 6505+
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Nice sound you guys got
and on your last post about human wasteland vocals,
yea i had to record them when i had a soar throat so there not really up to par i know that :P
Thanks for the feedback for our band Blackburn.
You're tunes are excellent. Very proffessional and all around great talent.

Thanks again.

Stay tuned for more songs in the next month.

Blackburn
Hey guys. We got a new song up and we are really digging it! Check it out and let us know what you think!
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Peavey 6505+
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

You're scream sounds corey taylor, who possibly has the sexiest scream I've ever heard. I'm confused about locked in transition, are you using a ton of auto tuner on purpose or did your vocalist really need it? Also in the song the solo starts off good and ends great, but the middle was a tad sloppy. The end was a really cool idea we have a song like that but it goes on just a measure too long.
Exegesis: I really like that your trying to do something different, but I really just don't like the serj style of vocals in this song. Your scream sounds way different in this song. Is this the song you recorded with a sore throat? The guitar player should keep working on the sweeping and get it full on in that solo instead of having to stop here and there. This song doesn't seem as polished as the first one.
You guys are definitely not trying to sound like anyone else, and I really enjoy any band trying something new. So hey keep it up you guys have an interesting sound.
Check out my band tell me what you think? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1086176
GOMEZ
Originally posted by Marroon5MustDie
It's spelled khoyaschotsii. Trust me, I'm a Native American. My name is Running Rainbow.
Last edited by gomezisastud07 at Mar 26, 2009,
How old are you guys? And your singer seems to go from screamy guy to Phil Anselmo to somethign else, he's really good.
good band sounds professional, lol as an outsider to metal music, this sounds just like "as I lay dying" like I couldn't point to any major differences at all.
Quote by Daveynator
How old are you guys? And your singer seems to go from screamy guy to Phil Anselmo to somethign else, he's really good.

We're all 17 and about to be leaving High School.
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Peavey 6505+
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

*revived from the dead*

We have two new songs that we just finished recording ("Prostitutes and Tidal Waves" and "Shattered Agenda"), we're trying to keep them off the myspace for now that way our CD has a bigger impact locally. If you guys like the music you hear on the link, then hit me up with your email and I'll surely send you the two songs .
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Peavey 6505+
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Not bad guys
GEAR
Guitars: LTD V401DX, USA Jackson King V (pre-fender), Knock off Jackson Kelly
Pick ups: EMGs, Seymour Duncans
Amp: Randall RG100SC w/ matching cab
Boss and Dunlop Electronics
I really like your band, especially prostitutes and tidal waves. its very funky and changes up alot.
Last edited by BreathingEntity at Apr 19, 2010,