Title says it all but I haven't seen this problem yet...

I don't exactly know what is wrong and I can't afford to send my guitar into a shop to have them solve my problem.

My guitar is set up properly. All nuts, clamps, saddles ect are in proper working order. Strings are not new either.

My problem is that when I divebomb my strings go flat and when I pull up my strings go sharp.

For instance I'll tune my E string. Divebomb, release and check my tuner and it'll be around 1/4 note flat. If I were to pull up i'll see the note around 1/4 note sharp. Regardless my guitars tune stays within a 1/2 note threshold.

If I dive down and pull up I can hear a *crink* that seems to resonate around the headstock and guitars cavities.

I've narrowed it down to being either something to do with the string clamps or the overall construction of the LFR itself but I need a second opinion before I do anything.
Quote by XianXiuHong
Your Floyd's knife edges are gouged.

Get it to a guitar tech, but it'd only be a temporary fix, LFRs tend to be of lesser quality, you're better off buying an OFR or a Gotoh Floyd to fit it.

What is this temporary fix you're talking about?
Quote by soul_taker
What is this temporary fix you're talking about?

Taking the tremolo off and filing the knife edge, VERY VERY VERY VERY carefully, you'd be WAY better off just getting an OFR instead of going to the filing trouble, you could make things unbelievably bad for the tremolo if you screw up, it doesn't return to zero point by itself anymore so filing it could make it worse or fix it temporarily.
I cannot afford a OFR at the moment or probably anytime soon.

I have a friend who's selling another brand new LFR for $30.

Would buying that and swapping it be better than attempting to file the knife edge? At least for a temporary fix?
if ts a floyd rose bridge could be something to do with the bridge leaning forward or back, or moving when you drop tune. the strings could be getting caught in the saddles as you tune down and move the saddles. just a suggestion
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
If its not an OFR its probably just cheap build quality and thats why its going out of tune. There really isn't much you can do about it. The best you can do is go easy on it - unfortunately.

It might be possible that if you dive (which puts it out of tune) and then pulling it back up might allow it to go back, if you do it right.
i had a similar problem about a week ago. the problem was that my nuts on the clamp of the FR at the top were stripped so i couldnt tighten it all the way. cost me $16 for new nuts and fixed the problem 100%.
the chapstick trick REALY works. my friends guitar was worse then urs. it would return from a dive 3/4 flat he put chapstick on the knife edges and its prolly 97-98%. he reaplies it every string change.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Same problem here. I have a LFR on my ESP M100FMLTD. my strings are stretched i know cause i,ve had them on for like a nice 4 months. i,ll try ur methods. I even put graphite (Pencil) under the strings at the locking nut. Still didnt work. ny strings willgo out of tune with the slightest tap.
try new strings? maybe theyre notoo NEW but to OLD. maybe its just ur floyds worn. how olds ur ESP?

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
look on some youtube vids. they should have 1 of some1 putting on the chapstick.

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
chapstick is the poor man's way. and it works
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85