Whats the general opinion on these guitars? They seem to be reviewed highly, yet i dont hear about them much at all. Here is one on ebay now,

http://cgi.ebay.com/EDWARDS-LP-CUSTOM-Crafted-in-Japan-Nitro-finish_W0QQitemZ290254378438QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33034QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know they are only made and sold in japan, but you can order them in on ebay. Would there be a reason as to why someone would choose an epiphone over one of these? To me they seem to be great value...but i've never actually played one.

Just wanted to get a general opinion on them.
An Epiphone over one of them? I wouldn't choose that..

Edwards are regarded as amazing. I'd take an Edwards any day if I had the chance.
Signatures are overrated.
Pretty expensive... and the brand doesn't sounds familiar to me...
You're taking a risk buying one of these
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Quote by IKnowItsWrong

No he's not.
The guitars are superb quality. Edwards is (IIRC) a sister company of ESP.
Quote by IKnowItsWrong

not buying, just curious as to why i never hear of them on this board if they are held in such high regard.
these are much better than epiphones. also check out burny, greco, and tokai. i have a tokai sg75 and its incredible, very comparable to a gibson standard in quality.
Quote by robert_says
not buying, just curious as to why i never hear of them on this board if they are held in such high regard.

Probably because this board is host to most of the young kids with little to no money.
Quote by IKnowItsWrong

You're a plonker. Edwards are great guitars, if you haven't heard of them why don't you do some research into them yourself instead of spouting crap?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by IKnowItsWrong

If you did any research about the company you would find they are highly regarded by many in the industry. They are basically an arm of ESP very much in the way LTD is to ESP in the west only they are all Japanese made not Korean they are higher quality than any LTD plus Edwards will make models the aren't just cut down ESP's such as the Les Paul in the TS's link. Theres a few guys on here who own Edwards guitars and I believe they have been extremely impressed by what the bought, great construct ion standards coupled with top hardware and you have some serious guitars.

As for if I would buy an Epiphone over an Edwards, there is only one model id even consider and thats a Japanese made Epiphone Elitist. That is the only time id even entertain the notion.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Edwards name belongs to ESP and is only for the market in Japan. They have generally higher quality than the brother LTD for the west market.

I've owned a LTD MH-1000 and a Edwards 85SD and if I was to compare them my hair would gray out because I won't be able to decide.

The Edwards is a big noticeable hop up from Epiphone Standard or even the Custom level. And yes, I previously owned a Custom, too.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

If anyone is in the market for one, you might be bummed out to know that you've passed on a great opportunity- just a few months ago they were priced at around half of what they are now, before the Asian eBay sellers realized they had to readjust their prices if they didn't want to lose out on the U.S. American economy crisis...

I know I am kicking myself in the ass for waiting it out... I lose. Taste the sad, Michael.
Quote by Pikka Bird
If anyone is in the market for one, you might be bummed out to know that you've passed on a great opportunity- just a few months ago they were priced at around half of what they are now, before the Asian eBay sellers realized they had to readjust their prices if they didn't want to lose out on the U.S. American economy crisis...

I know I am kicking myself in the ass for waiting it out... I lose. Taste the sad, Michael.

eh? Never heard of anything like this. You sure it isn't a rumor you heard?
Note that in Japan these guitars will cost generally 75% what it would cost in US ebay. Don't forget that ebay in US included all the shipping rates, taxes and customs fees in their final sticker.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Edwards by ESP make great guitars. imo, they're better than Epis and LTDs. Excellent quality on those guitars.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by hminh87
eh? Never heard of anything like this. You sure it isn't a rumor you heard?
Note that in Japan these guitars will cost generally 75% what it would cost in US ebay. Don't forget that ebay in US included all the shipping rates, taxes and customs fees in their final sticker.

It's not a rumour nor is it something I'm making up. I've been following them on eBay for a couple of years and a Les Paul Custom copy of theirs would usually be priced anywhere between 600 to 700 smacks (I've even seen some by the usual trustworthy sellers that were up for $499) and now I'll be hard pressed to find any that aren't pushing $1,000 and above...

Also, this is the "Buy it now" price I'm talking about, meaning it's before shipping, tax, etc. have been added.
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Aug 20, 2008,
Quote by Pikka Bird
It's not a rumour nor is it something I'm making up. I've been following them on eBay for a couple of years and a Les Paul Custom copy of theirs would usually be priced anywhere between 600 to 700 smacks (I've even seen some by the usual trustworthy sellers that were up for $499) and now I'll be hard pressed to find any that aren't pushing $1,000 and above...

Also, this is the "Buy it now" price I'm talking about, meaning it's before shipping, tax, etc. have been added.

Oh yeah... those from Japan and Australia have been pressing up the prices way up lately. But I was talking about those that are already been shipped to the US available on US ebay.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by robert_says

Because most people on these forums follow the mainstream guitars without thinking twice about the other brands that go unnoticed. You'd be surprised to find out how much better these brands are incomparision to Epiphones, Fender, etc.
Quote by hminh87
Oh yeah... those from Japan and Australia have been pressing up the prices way up lately. But I was talking about those that are already been shipped to the US available on US ebay.

Well, those aren't on there all the time, so they are few and far between (and there aren't even that many Japanese sellers left- apparently they didn't want to bother with the math. Hopefully they'll come back when the dollar has found a steady level). It used to be feasible for me (a Dane, mainland Europe n' all) to order one from Japan via U.S. eBay, have it shipped to friends overseas who'd then repackage it and **** it on over to me, but now it's just completely bonkers.
they're very, very nice guitars for very reasonable money. the tone and volume pots could do with a swap, but other than that they're great for the money. they absolutely annihilate a non-MIJ epiphone, PRS SE, jhagstrom, etc. etc. for not too much more money. they're of a similar quality (if not actually better QC) to gibson's non-custom shop guitars, for about one-third the price (in the UK)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You can get them way cheaper than the one on ebay, just buuy direct through here:

http://www.guitarjapan.com/

I am almost positive the edwards lp copy is my next guitar.
Quote by fret-less
play it, and you'll bust a bavarian in you pants.
Quote by robert_says
wow your right, nice find.

Or http://www.ishibashi-music.com
Their customer support answered every single questions I put up to them. Price is about the same as others.

Also while you at it, try http://www.katanaguitars.com , They often have some used Edwards in stock and they are mostly in very good condition according to the info.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I have an Edwards E-AL-128 Scythe & all I can say is that it is sweet as! Plays like a demon & the build quality is really good..although I am struggling to get a really low action on it atm but thats probably more to do with my maintenence skills on floyds...
still its an awesome guitar & bloody good value for money so therefore I would recommend Edwards to anyone & everyone
^ yeah.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The strat copies look super nice too. After my lp copy I am getting a surf green strat copy.
Quote by fret-less
play it, and you'll bust a bavarian in you pants.