Hey guys

Say if i brought new material to a band (didn't mean to!) and then and some point left the band, am i allowed to use those songs later on? Or is this copyright infringement?
you can use the songs, unless you applied for a copyright with the US patent office (which includes having a recording or sheet music sent to them) paid the one time fee, and on top of that had the whole recording in the bands name, not yours. AND... if they did make any fuss the songs should be demonstratable to have been created originally by you, thus giving you first ownership. Now if they copyright for the songs post the time you left, you may be able to sue for ownership, but only if it is demonstratable that you in fact created the songs.
i enjoy head
Wait a sec...

First... what, exactly did you bring? Lyrics? Melodic ideas? A couple of riffs? A chord progression? A fully-realized song with all those pieces in place? Your question can NOT be answered without knowing what it is you brought to the table.

Second.... well.... rather than me blathering on about stuff, let's answer the first question and we'll go from there.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Or if it is easier for all of us, here is a thread that addresses pretty much the entire issue.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=926593

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

That thread needs to be stickied naow!
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by axemanchris
Wait a sec...

First... what, exactly did you bring? Lyrics? Melodic ideas? A couple of riffs? A chord progression? A fully-realized song with all those pieces in place? Your question can NOT be answered without knowing what it is you brought to the table.

Second.... well.... rather than me blathering on about stuff, let's answer the first question and we'll go from there.

CT

I brought a couple of bass riffs by mistake, i was playing them privately and my bandmates heard and said "hey lets work on that" and i didn't really want to tell them to piss off and say it's my work, i just want to play them or work on them further, later on in life, is this allowed?
Yes. And so can they. And so could I, if I wanted to. All that info is in the thread that I linked to.

CT

I think www.copyright.gov answers all that. Well in the US.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?