I recently found out about the extreme cruelty of the thing called Unit 731 that was running in japan during WWII. To me it sounds worse than the concentration camps.
The experiments conducted there were mainly done just to see what would happen and they did nothing of value, experiments included:

being hung upside down to see how long it would take for them to choke to death

having air injected into their arteries to determine the time until the onset of embolism.

having horse urine injected into their kidneys

being deprived of food and water to determine the length of time until death.

being placed into high-pressure chambers until death.
being exposed to extreme temperatures and developed frostbite to determine how long humans could survive with such an affliction, and to determine the effects of rotting and gangrene on human flesh.

having experiments performed upon prisoners to determine the relationship between temperature, burns, and human survival.

being placed into centrifuges and spun until dead.

having animal blood injected and the effects studied.

being exposed to lethal doses of x-ray radiation.

having various chemical weapons tested on prisoners inside gas chambers.

being injected with sea water to determine if it could be a substitute for saline.
(Taken from wikipedia)
YOu can read about it on

http://people.bu.edu/wwildman/WeirdWildWeb/courses/thth/projects/thth_projects_2003_parkeun.htm (Does contain somewhat explicit images)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

So share your thoughts on the subject and discuss if anything has matched this extreme evil.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Last edited by Gord@k at Aug 20, 2008,
I've read about these guys lots.
It's really interesting. Blows Mengele out of the water.
Gore AND Core; unite!
Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_
Blows Mengele out of the water.

Didn't Mengele basically do the exact same thing?
the strange this is, there are so many things we wouldn't have today if these experiments werent carried out, the space race would never have happened, medical knowledge would be thrown back several decades, we probably wouldn't have had such an explosion in commercial air travel in the 70's

not in any way condoning what either the Germans or the Japanese did, but you'd be hard pressed to find someone in the developed world who isn't benefitting from what they did
Quote by merfsullivan
Didn't Mengele basically do the exact same thing?

You know, you COULD study things before you make uneducated assumptions, and flawed opinions...
Just saying...

Gore AND Core; unite!
Quote by Bowe
the strange this is, there are so many things we wouldn't have today if these experiments werent carried out, the space race would never have happened, medical knowledge would be thrown back several decades, we probably wouldn't have had such an explosion in commercial air travel in the 70's

not in any way condoning what either the Germans or the Japanese did, but you'd be hard pressed to find someone in the developed world who isn't benefitting from what they did

This is true, bust mostly in direct reference to Nazi Germany mainly.
Their leaps in technology were astounding.
That whole Holocaust business was a bit of a let down though...
Gore AND Core; unite!
Yeah, it's pretty ****ing disgusting.

Everyone talks about the cruelty of the Nazis but seem to completely ignore the travesties committed by the Japs. Sick ****s.

There's a movie on it, IIRC.
I'm sure the US has had similar programs. I know we were very heavy in to LSD testing during the cold war and such. The CIA was using it to create multiple personalities in children in order to create assassins...
Quote by denizenz
I'm sure the US has had similar programs. I know we were very heavy in to LSD testing during the cold war and such. The CIA was using it to create multiple personalities in children in order to create assassins...

I always knew the CIA was ****ed up, but I never knew they did **** like that.
Quote by denizenz

Yeah, but see, 731 has been proven.
The only people that back your claim are those in tinfoil hats, destroying microwaves.

Prove it.
Gore AND Core; unite!
Quote by Archaon

I always knew the CIA was ****ed up, but I never knew they did **** like that.

Read up on projects Bluebird and Artichoke. I'm sure google is loaded with info...

There was a book out by one of the survivors a handful of years ago. Her father was a CIA operative and he facilitated his own daughter's kidnapping.
Quote by Archaon
Yeah, it's pretty ****ing disgusting.

Everyone talks about the cruelty of the Nazis but seem to completely ignore the travesties committed by the Japs. Sick ****s.

There's a movie on it, IIRC.

Very few people know about it in comparison, is why.
"It" being 731, apologies for lack of articulation.
Gore AND Core; unite!
Quote by Bowe

yes, but they could've done it with some anesthetics or some alcohol to make it feel better...
Quote by VieNam
yes, but they could've done it with some anesthetics or some alcohol to make it feel better...

Lmao.

Just...no.
Gore AND Core; unite!
Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_
Lmao.

Just...no.

Uh, yes. Why couldn't they have used anesthetics?
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Rolling Stone is to the music industry what TheOnion.com is to news.

Ambivalence.
i wrote a final essay on this for my politics class last year (we had to choose a genocide, democide, etc etc)
i was surprised, because i had never heard of it prior to my research, and there were so many huge and terrible events that happened conducted by the japanese
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_
Yeah, but see, 731 has been proven.
The only people that back your claim are those in tinfoil hats, destroying microwaves.

Prove it.

Look up MK-ULTRA. It has been categorically proven that the CIA has in the past experimented with mind control techniques and chemical interrogation. They did all kinds of funky stuff like testing the effects of LSD on unwitting participants.

I saw a documentary on the rape of Nanking and the atrocities committed by Unit 731 - it featured lots of interviews with the soldiers who carried out the crimes. It was harrowing hearing how they were indoctrinated to view their victims as being like trees which needed to be felled.

It's also interesting to note how while the Nazi's underwent the Nuremberg trials, the Japanese did not have any such large scale war crimes tribunal leveled against its military commanders (possibly because nuking was deemed justice).
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

Quote by the dave
yeah man I put my hand up their skirt and pick em up like a six pack

Quote by Death_switch
mr bill0ws is right
I thought German scientists did this kind of **** during WWII also.
Quote by dubstar92
Sparks92 is made of win

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.
PM stepco12345 to join!

Last edited by Sparks92 : Tomorrow at 13:37 AM.
Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_
You know, you COULD study things before you make uneducated assumptions, and flawed opinions...
Just saying...

Too true.. Because I did do my research.... And it corroborated that most of those atrocities were like wise performed by a German Nazi doctor in charge of Auschwitz-Birkenau... I was wrong on the name though... It wasn't Mengele, it was Josef Mengele... My bad!

I should probably stick to your non-research from now on?
You missed the vivisection part. And it was the most shocking part as well.

It involved people having their limbs cut off to determine how long it takes before gangrene sets in, THEN attempted to re-attach the arm to another part of the body.

Water purification plant indeed.
Is anyone aware that nobody was actually punished for commiting these war crimes. The U.S. agreed to let the perpetrators go free provided that they hand over their findings.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by mr_bill0ws

It's also interesting to note how while the Nazi's underwent the Nuremberg trials, the Japanese did not have any such large scale war crimes tribunal leveled against its military commanders (possibly because nuking was deemed justice).

If I can recall correclty (and in a very dumbed down sense), I think the japanese got off easily because the U.S. said "if you share with us your findings, we will spare you" or something like that.

And TS, you forgot to mention how they'd cut off your limbs and sew them back on in the wrong places, and also they would cut people open and tinker with them while they were still alive/conscious.

EDIT - damnit, just beaten to both of my points.
Soldiers impaled babies on bayonets and tossed them still alive into pots of boiling water… They gang-raped women from the ages of 12 to 80 and then killed them when they could no longer satisfy sexual requirements (The Other Holocaust: Nanjing Massacre, Unit 731, Unit 100, Unit 516, http://www.skycitygallery.com/japan/japan.html, p.13)

oh god, what did the pit get ourselves into
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
There was a War Crimes Trial for the Japanese

Japanese War Crimes Trial

Also, the CIA did do testing on people with certain drugs, but they did not commit the same type of crimes that the Germans/Japanese did, which in my opinion for far worse and quite sadistic.

There's also still a bit of guilt in the medical community because a great deal was learned from the crimes committed by Nazi scientists as well as Japanese ones.
Quote by denizenz
Read up on projects Bluebird and Artichoke. I'm sure google is loaded with info...

There was a book out by one of the survivors a handful of years ago. Her father was a CIA operative and he facilitated his own daughter's kidnapping.

I just read some of the information that's really sick ! Infecting retarded children with radioactive chemicals or hepatitis, and that's just in the seventies.

Makes you wonder what's going on today.