Hey, I am really into bands like Soilwork, Construcdead, Scar Symmetry, Carnal Forge etc etc and I love there solos... they aren't like the American sound... i wanted to know what they are based off? Is it just a scale that they love to use or is it from past influences they all share?

The sound I'm talking about is in songs like...

Carnal Forge - Ripped and Torn
Soilwork - Bulletbeast
Soilwork - Asylum dance
Scar symmetry - the illusionist (2nd solo)
Scar Symmetry - dreaming 24/7

I just want to be greatly influenced in as much as possible... So any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Morbid.
You do realise none of them bands are from Gothenburg, right?

If you want Gothenburg sound you need to listen to At The Gates, Dark Tranquillity, In Flames etc
'Their sound is a fusion of the classic Gothenburg metal sound with power-groove riffs of late 1970s, early 1980s British, and European metal.'

Maybe its just full of crap lol... I know they're all from Sweden. But under my understanding they are all heavily influenced by that sound?
Quote by sam b
You do realise none of them bands are from Gothenburg, right?

If you want Gothenburg sound you need to listen to At The Gates, Dark Tranquillity, In Flames etc

Win.
Quote by MorbidAddiction
'Their sound is a fusion of the classic Gothenburg metal sound with power-groove riffs of late 1970s, early 1980s British, and European metal.'

Maybe its just full of crap lol... I know they're all from Sweden. But under my understanding they are all heavily influenced by that sound?

Well I listen to the first song you stated on youtube, then if you compare that to say, Swim or Artifacts Of The Black Rain, by In Flames, you'll see that they're nothing alike
for the gothenberg sound it will cost you some money ! equipment wise that is youll need the following

peavy 5150 head unit ,turn the presence up and scoop out some mid to thin the sound slightly (dont set it to the van halen setting)
Fender amps (yes fender!! ) the bigger the better,so a 30 watt combo wont do it
furman power strips

possibly a RAT pedal off ebay as there a bit hard to get hold of.
guitar wise try a les paul with the treble up nearly full and a fender strat with seymore duncans in it
recording wise most guitar tracks are double or even triple tracked to add texture ,medium strings also needed hope that clarifies it some what !!!
also dont believe what you see in videos of the said bands youll be surprised on what they record with and what they video with ie ****ty looking guitar with amazing tone for recording and ultra cool guitar for video shoot !!!!