I'm going to donate blood for the first time today. Has anyone else ever donated? Does it suck? And can you still even donate if you smoke pot?
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
It only sucks if you have an irrational fear of needles or you pass out at the sight of blood. Other than that they give you cookies!
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
It sucks horribly a lot of the times because usually they send the new nurses to do blood drives and they stab you like 50 times before they find the vein
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
/icumblood

needless 2 say i donate blood and seamen
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
can you still donate if you've had a blood transfusion yourself?
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
teacher- Some slave owners would fight duels using their slaves
Me- So, sort of like Pokemon with people..Black man, I choose you!
No, if you've used drugs within a certain time frame you CAN NOT donate. Except to stoner vampires.

Edit: I just read their guidelines and as long as it's just a donation (not for immediate or transfusion use) as long as you don't do IV drugs (with a needle) and you're not under the influence when you're donating it may be fine. They may just take it and not use it though.
Last edited by merfsullivan at Aug 20, 2008,
Quote by centorium
/icumblood

You are an idiot and you fail.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
and as a fun game, try to wank three times within 5 hours of donating. I learned firsthand that it is possible to pass out... long story ending with headache (and luckily) no one finding me.
Last edited by akimbros at Aug 20, 2008,
Quote by centorium
/icumblood

If that was intentional, I'm sure the Navy loves you, har har. If not... silly silly silly.

I was going to donate at a school-run thing on the 5th of June, but it happened to be the day before I hat seven and a half hours of exams. I decided not to in the end. I do plan to become a donor though, I mean come on man, free tea and biscuits!
It's pretty cool. Everytime I go the guys who do it are brilliant people and it's pretty casual and quite cool.

First time you might feel something afterwards, though after that you're fine. Doesn't hurt if you know when it's gonna hit you. I now immediately leave after words for lightheadedness as if you were drunk which is pretty cool. Lasts about 30 seconds/minute if you rush quick enough, but meh.
There's a list of yes/no questions that will let yourself/them know if you are an elligable donor. I've donated blood twice so far, and each time I've almost fainted, not because I don't like needles or blood, but because I'm a very skinny guy. But I'll faint if it means saving a life.
They wouldn't even let me donate. I've come in contact with someone's blood in the past twelve months so, it's a one year deferral and, I've used a needle before so that might be a lifetime one. I feel like a dick.
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.