anyone ever play one? own one? is there any place in the US that even carries them? what's the playability like? how do they sound? thanks for any help folks.
I think someone here owns one. I know a couple people on Jackson/Charvle Forum do. They have kind of a cult following with some J/C players as they are made by the same people (might even be the same factory, can't remember) that made the old MIJ Charvels and Jackson Professionals.

EDIT: Didn't one of the guys from Nevermore or some other band like that have one?
both the guitarists from the danish metal act Mnemic used Caparison 7stringers when I saw them live about 1½years ago.....

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Quote by CJRocker
I think someone here owns one. I know a couple people on Jackson/Charvle Forum do. They have kind of a cult following with some J/C players as they are made by the same people (might even be the same factory, can't remember) that made the old MIJ Charvels and Jackson Professionals.

EDIT: Didn't one of the guys from Nevermore or some other band like that have one?

Nevermore use Schecters and BC Rich. Not alot of 7 string bands use Caparison either.
http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparison-eng/e-artist.html
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Looked at the list. Chris Amott was the player I was thinking of who plays them. Also forgotten about the dudes from Symphoyn X played them...
http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparison-eng/e-dealer/dealersusa.html

Caparisons are pretty much the metal version of Suhrs, PRSs, etc... Unless you're extremely lucky you're going to have a hell of a time finding somewhere to play one.

On a side note, you seem to have enough guitars, how about putting some of that money towards a decent amp?
Soilwork and Ia Eklundh plays Caparison too.

And yeah, the dellinger 7 is sort of my dream guitar. I WILL own one some day
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
I've had my Applehorn for a few months now and I love it to bits.

Caparisons are extremely well built and their stock pickups sound amazing. The attention to detail is insane; for instance, the clock inlays go through 12 hours per octave. A small touch, but nice nonetheless.

Not too long ago, T!An asked me if I could describe the neck to him (compared to Ibanez necks), so here's that PM:

Quote by T!AN
Hi, Caparison necks are really comfortable; they're slightly thicker than a Wizard II.

They're not too thick though, they're a bit thinner than a regular Fender neck and also a bit thinner than a Vigier neck (if you've ever tried one).

To give you an idea, the Wizard I (= really thin) is roughly 2.6" from the top edge of the fretboard on the bass side, to the other edge on the treble side (following the curve of the back of the neck). On the Caparison, this curve (= profile) is nearly 3" long.

Personally, I'm not a fat neck fan and I prefer a Wizard neck to something like a Gibson, but despite the Caparison's slightly thicker neck it plays like a dream. Combined with the neck profile, which is best described as a cross between a C and a D shape, the neck is suited for fast shred stuff as well as for playing chords over a long period of time.

Caparison necks are some of the best and most comfortable I've ever played. I hope that helps, Bonsaischaap.

For good measure, here's a pic:

As for finding one, try www.guitarasylum.com
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Go on the Caparison forum. They do sell them in the states, theres not that many dealers though. I plan on picking one up sooner or later. I'm loving the TAT's.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Not too long ago, T!An asked me if I could describe the neck to him (compared to Ibanez necks), so here's that PM:

I can't believe I forgot to post that. Well I'm glad that information is useful to someone else. Nice one.
Quote by T!AN
I can't believe I forgot to post that. Well I'm glad that information is useful to someone else. Nice one.

You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by T!AN
http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparison-eng/e-dealer/dealersusa.html

Caparisons are pretty much the metal version of Suhrs, PRSs, etc... Unless you're extremely lucky you're going to have a hell of a time finding somewhere to play one.

On a side note, you seem to have enough guitars, how about putting some of that money towards a decent amp?

so my amp is crap? if you heard my current setup I'm sure you'd disagree but to each their own right? I've played through a couple tube amps and didn't really like them too much but i'm always on the lookout for more to try so maybe my mind will change on them and as for enough guitars, yep I probably do have enough if not too many but then what's another for the collection right?

anyway thanks for the help folks, very much appreciated.
seems as though they are expensive, something to shoot for unless i find a great deal on a used one. they've got some that are absolutely amazing looking.