I can't for the life of me find a way of practicing so that i can play fast metal solos.
I've been playing since i was about 11 and I'm 15 now.
Now I know most of you will frown upon such bands as trivium but I desperately want to learn the solo to Pull harder on the strings of your martyr ...
How did you practice fast solos, sweep picking etc?
Any help would be great thanks
just keep practicing it til you nail it. Learn some scales that will help as well. Play it slow then build it up
yea it's all about starting slow and just playing it over and over til you can breeze through it faster than the original
Playing fast is like playing slow, only fast!!

If u cant handle it slow, dont even try to play it fast
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Get the Peter Fischer book, Rock Guitar Secrets (can be found anywhere ). Do the blues, speed pick and sweep pick parts to start gaining speed, agility and accuracy.

It helped me a lot. Hope it helps you as well =)

In addition, get Guitar Pro, download from UG the tabs u want and slow them down until you get to a speed where u can play the solos perfectly. Then slowly increase the speed.

It doesn't matter if u take 2 week to go from 140 bpm to 145 bpm (for example). What matters is that you will get there.

[]
Guitars:
Jackson WRXT + EMG 81/85
Les Paul
Ibanez SZ320
Amps:
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 30X
Effects:
Dunlop Cry-baby
Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive
Synthetizer:
Roland EXR-5
Last edited by Me@UGC at Aug 20, 2008,
that is an awesome solo i must admit, like everyone said just build up the tempo, its probably easier than it looks
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by ll A7X ll
I can't for the life of me find a way of practicing so that i can play fast metal solos.
Now I know most of you will frown upon such bands as trivium but I desperately want to learn the solo to Pull harder on the strings of your martyr ...

You learn to play slow solos first.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by magvol
Playing fast is like playing slow, only fast!!

If u cant handle it slow, dont even try to play it fast

No, playing fast is playing fast (and hopefully accurately). Playing slow is working to play fast, while building accuracy.

I seriously hope that post was a joke.

TS, do you play guitar often, and have you been during these 4 years?
E minor scale
good one to work on
bends pull offs, there all good.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Thanks for all the fantastic replies, they'll really help.
My first post on this forum and I must say the most helpful of all the forums I've visited.
Quote by ll A7X ll

I think it's one of their most difficult ones ! Try by practicing some easier solos, especially on Ascendancy (Rain, Beaulieu's solo in Like Light To The Flies ; I can not play any of them but I heard someone who said it was the easiest and he may be right !). Good luck !!
They killed my father, right in front of me...I will have my revenge
You can't jump in the ocean and expect to make it across in the 1st try. Remember the same ingredients = same result.

Maybe you should excercise your fingers to death. I haven't been playing songs at all, I just spend 1-2 hours a day just doing legato, alternate picking, excercises. Conditioning your fingers is vital =p
Quote by steven seagull
You learn to play slow solos first.

+1.
You don't learn a few chords then go off and try to play something really fast and technical. You should find something that's challenging, but not too difficult for you, and work your way up.
learn to play some easier solos, then one day youll be able to learn that quicker and wont be so frusterated
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"