Page 1 of 2
so tonight 3 hours to be exact im seeing mindless self indulgence, on my own, im 15 quite small and i've heard things get quite crazy sometimes, what can i expect?

EDIT: I know about the whole trampling thing, i've been in plenty of pits and stuff, ive seen Enter Shikari, A7X, Lostprophets and other bands, so im okay in pits and stuff but its just general different things which happen, cos i heard last time they came here things got really crazy
Quote by Våd Hamster
''I'm gay''

*Awkward silence*

''Actually, I'm just a vegetarian''

*Silence*

Dad- ''Same thing.''
Last edited by Ps-IAmGh0st at Aug 20, 2008,
I saw them a few days ago at a festival (pukkelpop)... things didn't get crazy but the singer definitely has an amazing stage presence
Quote by RhyseOrtiz
Why would you go to an MSI concert alone? But, yea, trampled is a good word.

i was going with someone else, but his dad passed away about a week or two ago
Quote by Våd Hamster
''I'm gay''

*Awkward silence*

*Silence*

Dad- ''Same thing.''
You'll be fine- most of the people there will probably be younger than you, very weak, and there won't be enough momentum or energy in the performance to create any real movement in the audience.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by gigi666
I saw them a few days ago at a festival (pukkelpop)... things didn't get crazy but the singer definitely has an amazing stage presence

Good, i have youtubed some live vids, and nothing crazy came up, but it's things ive heard hjave happened.
Quote by Våd Hamster
''I'm gay''

*Awkward silence*

*Silence*

Dad- ''Same thing.''
Ugh, MSI pisses me off. I mean seriously, the have a song called 'I Hate Jimmy Page.'

Anyway, sorry to hear about your friend's dad passing away. That's terrible. My advice would be to just make sure that you stay hydrated and get some fresh air every once in a while and you should be good.
Quote by rabidguitarist
You'll be fine- most of the people there will probably be younger than you, very weak, and there won't be enough momentum or energy in the performance to create any real movement in the audience.

I've seen vids and it looks like there's a lot of Adults/older people there, and apparently last time they played here around a quarter of the crowd were kicked out.

But i have sort of expected a lot of girls in mcr tops hoping that Gerard Way will be there
Quote by Våd Hamster
''I'm gay''

*Awkward silence*

*Silence*

Dad- ''Same thing.''
Quote by Raoul_Duke_92
Ugh, MSI pisses me off. I mean seriously, the have a song called 'I Hate Jimmy Page.'

Me too- I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's just offensive, badly written, badly produced, and from a musical perspective, they're completely retarded.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
If people start moshing, RUN!
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
BIIITCH you're lucky. They're amazing

Depending on the support there may be horrible people being irritable.

Now they're more popular expect a wide range of people. You will be crushed.

Stick around at the end if you can to try and meet them, they usually stay.

Quote by rabidguitarist
Me too- I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's just offensive, badly written, badly produced, and from a musical perspective, they're completely retarded.

Exactly what I love about them
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
youll be trameld under feet.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
retard-o-bot >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> msi

msi fails because they hate jimmy page.. whats to hate with that guy!?
@ Raoul....I Hate Jimmy Page is a song about people hating stuff for the sake of it for no reason at all..Page is an example. :/

MSI are amazing live. Funny band and Jimmy's stage presence is excellent.

EDIT: Listen to Mark David Chapman for a good song. And read the lyrics.
Better made and better produced than a load of other **** out today, and even their older stuff influenced many bands today. May be slightly retarded..but very fun.
UG's Batman

NOW WITHOUT CHRISTIAN BALE'S "GRUFF" LISPY VOICE!

Batman doesn't need Christmas to wear his Santa hat.
Last edited by rcazzy at Aug 20, 2008,
Quote by Raoul_Duke_92

Your avatar is a picture of Johnny Depp as Hunter S. Thompson. If you knew a goddamn thing about Hunter S. Thompson or Mindless Self Indulgence, you wouldn't have such a problem with the song title "I Hate Jimmy Page."

MSI is all about free speech. They encourage controversy through their lyrics. They will say things because it gets a reaction. Hunter S. Thompson was a leading advocate of free speech (among other things like free will). Either change your tune or change your avatar, because all you are right now is someone trying to look cool because they know what Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is.
Quote by Raoul_Duke_92

Anyway, sorry to hear about your friend's dad passing away. That's terrible. My advice would be to just make sure that you stay hydrated and get some fresh air every once in a while and you should be good.

those bastards!!!!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Quote by SkAsupafly
retard-o-bot >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> msi

msi fails because they hate jimmy page.. whats to hate with that guy!?

They don't ACTUALLY hate him. A short album track parodies them having a robot manager and I can quote you this -

"Well I don't... I don't really hate Jimmy Page. The guy's a living legend"

Quote by tanman
Your avatar is a picture of Johnny Depp as Hunter S. Thompson. If you knew a goddamn thing about Hunter S. Thompson or Mindless Self Indulgence, you wouldn't have such a problem with the song title "I Hate Jimmy Page."

MSI is all about free speech. They encourage controversy through their lyrics. They will say things because it gets a reaction. Hunter S. Thompson was a leading advocate of free speech (among other things like free will). Either change your tune or change your avatar, because all you are right now is someone trying to look cool because they know what Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is.

Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by tanman

Damn straight
UG's Batman

NOW WITHOUT CHRISTIAN BALE'S "GRUFF" LISPY VOICE!

Batman doesn't need Christmas to wear his Santa hat.
Quote by rabidguitarist

Don't hold back, tell us what you really feel.
All you Zep fan boys getting your panties in a bunch over a song title, get over it
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Quote by 666Sabbath666
All you Zep fan boys getting your panties in a bunch over a song title, get over it

There have been plenty more offensive song titles. Plus I know of Led Zep fans who still LOVE Mindless Self Indulgence, so you know...
Quote by SteveHouse
im jealous. i want to go and see MSI

STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
I saw them supporting MCR (don't ask) last year. You'll be fine, just be prepared to have your ear screamed off by 12 year olds.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
There have been plenty more offensive song titles. Plus I know of Led Zep fans who still LOVE Mindless Self Indulgence, so you know...

I am well aware, I just find it funny of the people in this thread getting all pissy about it
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Quote by gigi666

I was there too
MSI isn't my thing, but they set a great performance
A message to all readers: I’m a cynical, satirical, sadistic, heartless, sardonic, mocking, demotivating, derisive, scathing, contemptuous, disdainful, scornful and condescending guy. And I love it.

Quote by Amalgam
I like this guy's thinking.
Quote by Raoul_Duke_92

so, i think pagey has stated in an interview that he knows about it and really doesnt care at all, so why do you??

i think a better songtitle would be "Gene simmons should be kicked severley in the nuts"

that would piss em off,

MSIs ok i guess, i hate that poppy **** theyve been putting out latley, but when they were in your face and angry they were cool.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by 666Sabbath666
I am well aware, I just find it funny of the people in this thread getting all pissy about it

No I know, I think I was actually supporting your point

People shouldn't overreact about it because it's not a big deal.

I'm sure that there's been much worse said to people every day so eh.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by Raoul_Duke_92

WHAT
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Good luck man, I saw MSI at Projekt Revolution last summer. Great show. Awesome crowd. Just stay near someone who you know can protect you if things get rough.

It's a win-win, you're safe and you make a friend.
Quote by Shayne777
WHAT

For god's sake. They make fun of themselves near enough all of the time. It's just a big joke.
Quote by SteveHouse
MSI makes my ears bleed. They're just so awkward and strange (not in a good way either). I just don't get it.
"I'm sick of following my dreams man. I'm just ask where they're going, and hook up with them later."
Quote by Shayne777
WHAT

yep, its just a joke, its one of their better songs i might add. The first two albums were pretty badass, but they got kind of poppy which i dont really like so much, some of their newer stuff is kind of catchy tho.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
Quote by Six_One_Zipp
MSI makes my ears bleed. They're just so awkward and strange (not in a good way either). I just don't get it.

i love how strange they are (or were) thats what sets them apart
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by gallagher2006
I saw them supporting MCR (don't ask) last year. You'll be fine, just be prepared to have your ear screamed off by 12 year olds.

oh yeah, so did i!

i mean i want to see THEM, not supporting
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
i love how strange they are (or were) thats what sets them apart

Quote by SteveHouse
might i add their music videos are ****ing awesome!! i usually hate music videos because its usually the same hollywood crap that has nothing to do with the song but theirs are pretty damn good
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
But... their music videos also make little sense

But that's why we love them
Quote by SteveHouse
Page 1 of 2