im trying to learn a song which requires string skipping at 270bmp.
i can get the skipping down half the speed, but i want to be able to play it at full tempo. any tips or techniques on how to speed up my string skipping?

EDIT: also, the song is improper burial by conducting from the grave
Last edited by Cat says what at Aug 20, 2008,
Keep practicing and/or work on something more realistic and come back to that when you're ready.
shred is gaudy music
^ yes they do. guess what, no one goes from zero to shred overnight. sounds like along with the above sound advice of starting slowly and working your way up you could also use a metric ton of this stuff thats just really great for getting better at guitar, its called "patience"
Quote by Cat says what
both good tips, but they can take so longg. thank youssss

It takes however long it takes. Improving works like that.
i learned to sweep from the song stabwound by necrophagist this way. so yeah, opint proven; it works. thanks guys
I've just looked at the tab for that buddy, in certain places there are notes which are two strings apart (E and G strings). You might do well to hybrid pick those ones if that feels any more comfortable, so you can concentrate more on using the pick for the notes on the E and D strings.

Everything above about starting at a sensible speed is good though dude.

Every fast lick starts life as a slow lick.
Quote by mdc
You might do well to hybrid pick those ones if that feels any more comfortable, so you can concentrate more on using the pick for the notes on the E and D strings.

chicken picking you mean? :S
Quote by Gacel
chicken picking you mean? :S

I just wiki'd that cuz I hadn't heard that term before lol! Yeah I guess, only the fretting hand wouldn't dampen the note like it describes (here).
Cool, that's another term to add to my vocab lol!