I would like to get an effects pedal to use in conjunction with my Line6 amp (Spider 15) so that I can switch between clean and distorted tones. Ex would be like the intro to Simple Man by Skynard, and then switching to the more distorted chorus. I have only been playing for about a year now and have do not have alot of knowledge as to what options I have as far as effects go. Any input would be appreciated.
Well I was about to suggest the Line 6 footswitch, but it isnt compatible with the 15 watt (damn you line 6)

but tbh the spider doesn't really take effects kindly.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Whats your budget?
For what genres do you want to use it?
Dont you maybe want to buy a new amplifier with build-distortion with a footswitch so you can switch from clean to distortion?
Quote by Gryphon999
Whats your budget?
For what genres do you want to use it?
Dont you maybe want to buy a new amplifier with build-distortion with a footswitch so you can switch from clean to distortion?

No budget really to speak of. The amp I have now (LINE6 SPIDER 15 )has built in tones but there is not a footswitch to toggle between the tones. Also what I am looking for is something I can set my amp to clean to play say an intro to Knocking on Heavens Door and then switch to the more distorted or overdriven sound when you get into the chorus and solo.