Well, I am trying to learn this song...
From what I see and hear it does not seem hard, it is just a tricky song to play. A video on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w3GZ1Yr-i0) helped me out a lot! This is only the intro though.

So I am wondering, Does anyone have any pointers on how to nail this song?
Could someone make a video like the one above for the whole song?

This thread should not only help me, but many bassist that want to learn this song
The best advice I have is find a good tab or piece of music for this song (I have a great one from a magazine that had the actual tab numbers, as in 3.9 harmonic and 4.1 and that kind of thing). Once you know which ones to play find where it is and find where it rings out best. Literally a millimetre up or down can make a world of difference on the higher harmonics. When you're actually learning how the notes fit together take it SLOW, SLOW, SLOW. A lot of the fingerings are tricky and twist your hand around a lot, so slow it down and make sure you're hitting everything accurately and not muting anything. Also, when you're trying to figure out a rhythm, don't tap your foot or set a metronome. Yes, the song is in a key signature (5 or 6 of them), but when you have it changing between 11/8 and 10/8 every bar, it's not really easy to count. Just think of it as in free time and listen to the song to hear how he plays it.
The best advice I have is find a good tab or piece of music for this song (I have a great one from a magazine that had the actual tab numbers, as in 3.9 harmonic and 4.1 and that kind of thing). Once you know which ones to play find where it is and find where it rings out best. Literally a millimetre up or down can make a world of difference on the higher harmonics. When you're actually learning how the notes fit together take it SLOW, SLOW, SLOW. A lot of the fingerings are tricky and twist your hand around a lot, so slow it down and make sure you're hitting everything accurately and not muting anything. Also, when you're trying to figure out a rhythm, don't tap your foot or set a metronome. Yes, the song is in a key signature (5 or 6 of them), but when you have it changing between 11/8 and 10/8 every bar, it's not really easy to count. Just think of it as in free time and listen to the song to hear how he plays it.

+1
I'd also add work on the parts separately at first - bass notes and harmonics - just play them as though you would be playing both. ie playing the harmonics don't use the finger that would be fretting the bass notes. Once you have them solid on their own, bring them together.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Also, when you're trying to figure out a rhythm, don't tap your foot or set a metronome. Yes, the song is in a key signature (5 or 6 of them), but when you have it changing between 11/8 and 10/8 every bar, it's not really easy to count. Just think of it as in free time and listen to the song to hear how he plays it.

Well the song is actually rubato so time sigs and tempo don't really matter.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Yeah i used that video too so i can actually play that part but when i go to the tab it looks impossible. Whatever, i can play that intro so before every show im gonna play that and people will be like "OMFG HE CAN TOTALLY PLAY THAT SONG!"
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Quote by eazy-c
Well the song is actually rubato so time sigs and tempo don't really matter.

But there are time signatures throughout different parts of the song. It's not completely rubato, because there are time signatures that continue through a whole section, so there is time, just quite complex, generally. But in general, yeah, if you take it as free time then you won't go wrong.
Free time is the way to go man. Whenever I start to learn a Jaco song I play it extremely slow and over the timeframe of a week or two I gradually speed it up until it's up to speed. It takes lots of practice and alot of patience but in the end it's completely worth it. I'm currently working on "Teen Town" and I've almost got it up to speed after one week of practicing it my way.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you