Ive had this neck around for a long time, someone saw it and boned himself and wants a telecaster neck for it to match his cherry burst curly maple tele body... it might even be a kramer body, it has the crooked bridge pickup and stuff... its basically this:

Anyways, i started on it this morning... he hasnt decided on a fingerboard. i would LOVE to make a fingerboard out of the neck material.. i have a piece that is thick enough that i resawed off to thickness this thing... it will probably end up being a piece of pau ferro i have though.

gluing on the ears :
try to confince him into using the maple fretboard!
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Very nice! That is going to be one beautiful neck.

Is that an LMI truss rod? Or who do you use?

The maple fingerboard would look awesome, for sure.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
You're in the US correct? How much would a simple super strat design be from you??
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Quote by LP Addict
150 dollars. +10 if you want ebony fingerboard., +20 for a hard lacquer satin finish. then shipping, takes about 1 week to finish.

This includes, pickups routed, truss rod, tuners drilled, cavities routed, furreles drilled? And what kind of wood does this price entail?
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by LP Addict
oh you mean the whole guitar haha. thats just the neck. i dont do bolt on bodies. nope. not worth my time, id charge you a fortune because i hate doing it so much. haha.

oh goodie
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
oh and hey man, instead of the 5150 in your sig... get a peavey ultra plus. same distortion circuit as a 5150, amazing clean channel, and about 1/3 the cost of a peavey 5150. much more versatile amp. 5150s are noisey as ****, especially the old ones.
Quote by LP Addict
oh and hey man, instead of the 5150 in your sig... get a peavey ultra plus. same distortion circuit as a 5150, amazing clean channel, and about 1/3 the cost of a peavey 5150. much more versatile amp. 5150s are noisey as ****, especially the old ones.

Ultra plus eh? Check your profile comments. I feel like I'm intruding on your thread.
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by LP Addict
oh you mean the whole guitar haha. thats just the neck. i dont do bolt on bodies. nope. not worth my time, id charge you a fortune because i hate doing it so much. haha.

i agree with ya on the hatred of bolt-ons!! cant stand 'em....

EDIT: is that ur bandsaw? u get it to work right??
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Last edited by AngusJimiKeith at Aug 20, 2008,
Whats wrong with bolt ons?

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
^not to mention the possibility of screwin the bolts right through the fretboard.....

and that neck is sexy!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by LP Addict
they are okay if you machine them... but handmaking, total pain in the tits. aligning the center lines and fitting the pockets, all so annoying.

Dang. I recently acquired some free maple that is just a tad too short for a neck through design I had considered. I thought about doing a bolt-on, but I've been thinking twice about it. I may have to look into doing a set neck. Or maybe I have just enough that I can get by if I scarf on a headstock, I'll have to remeasure.
^ bolt ons are BY FAR the easiest to do in my mind. neck through second and set neck third.
how thick is that neck blank?
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.