I'm looking to buy a bass that can play different types of music, metal, classic rock, some jazzy bluesy stuff, and funk kinda like RHCP.

My budget is around 700$, might go a bit over.

Any comments are appreciated.
check out a squier vintage modified 70s jazz bass...i was going to upgrade from my ibanez and wanted a fender jazz but this squier was half the price and gave me a better tone in my opinion. i love it more than any fender ive ever touch (except the highway one series). cant go wrong. and i play the same styles as you by the way
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
read the FAQ
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
^ that. don't forget cords and cases and tuners and polish.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
schecter or laguna tb75 if you can find it
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
I suggest the "check the Bass Forum FAQs" bass.
Starting bass or just looking for a new one? Here's a suggestion: Go to your local music store and try some out.
or you could check out rockbass by warwick... ive never played them but they must be good cuz they're made by warwick

never buy a squier!
^ thats like saying Gibson basses are good because they're made by Gibson
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
well i don't know much about bass guitars, but i know that squier electric guitars are horrable
Go to your local music store and play 10 basses through a decent amp, buy the one that suits you best, for the best price. Don't be afraid to negotiate price if you find something you like just outside your price range. Most stores are willing to knock a little off the price just to make the sale.
it wont hurt trying them out... but there made by a good company

but you should just try as many basses out as you can in your price range and pick the one that you like

never buy a squier!
Quote by ThePizzaNator
well i don't know much about bass guitars, but i know that squier electric guitars are horrable

Then don't offer advice here, Squier Basses are very good.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Quote by ThePizzaNator

So is your spelling. Squier basses, especially the VM series are well built and more than adequate starter basses. I've played a few Squiers that were near MiM quality Fenders.
if ur budget is 700, does that include an amp as well? if not, id go for either a schector, or a spector, those are the only 2 i can recommend because thats all i got, but either will last you forever, almost never need matancence unless u buy used and they ****ed up ur action and bridge... (my poor schecter) but if u do require an amp, get a practice amp, maybe a fender or basically anything other than behringer, haha avoid the area that brand is in, lol.
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
Buy a Pete Wentz Signature P Bass, it sounds amazing with a behringer full stack.
^^ I second that
Starting bass or just looking for a new one? Here's a suggestion: Go to your local music store and try some out.
lol

i say get a MIM jazz or a Ibanez Atk300

those i think those will be good if you like RHCP

and if you need an amp get a practice one unless you plan on jamming with a band soon
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
I wouldn't suggest a squier- they are horrible in quality when it comes to the electric guitars.
If you can try to find an epiphone bass- my bf has one and the quality is really good.

Again squier guitars =/= squier basses. The VM series are quite nice and definitely worth more than a second look.

Epiphone doesn't have a very good reputation on the forum. They suffer from high action, poor QA and many of the same issues that cause us all to avoid Gibson's bass products. I'm not saying don't try one; but do try them in comparison to other basses in the price range.
Check out the Cort GB series Farkin' awesome instruments for the price.