well i got me an epiphone les paul stanard back in 2005 and compared to most other lps from epi that ´have eard and played it has the ebtter and more vintage accurate tone-which is no wonder cause i elarned that back in the day epiphone put original gibson pickups in all their standrds-a practice they have given up now

but i really wanted to know is : waht exact gibson humbuckers are in there? i assume it arent burstbuckers or 57 classics
President of the Jeff Beck Club(PM me to join)

Sergeant Destroyer Member Of the KISS army

PM sloopy to join
Yeah, I doubt they are real Gibson ones, since it's only a 2005. Maybe you could see if there's anything on the underside of the pickups.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
yea dude i got my epi in 2005 also. i doubt the pups are gibson
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
That epi has its own brand pickups, not Gibsons. They haven't put Gibson pickups in them for a long time.

The stock standard pickups are pretty good though, they aren't as hot as the Gibson LP Standard pickups, but they sound pretty damn good for a $450 guitar.
The pickups Epi use are based off the same design as the Gibson '57 Classics. The difference is, the Epi ones are made by Epi in China. In theory they should be the same, but the worse craftsmanship and less care taken over them lets them down.

'Upgrading' to an actual Gibson '57 Classic, for example, wouldn't be much of a change. It'll be a little clearer, perhaps a little bit more dynamically responsive, but the tonal balance will be the same, the output will be the same - it wouldn't be worth the price tags Gibson pickups come with.

It's just like the rest of an Epi LP. The body design of an Epi LP is the same as the body deisgn of a Gibson LP, they're just made in two different places and one has more care taken over it with ncie AAAA maple tops while the other has less care taken over it and gets at best a AA top.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
They're Gibson Designed, sure[which essentially means they're cheap knock-offs based on Gibson humbuckers] - And they're based on the 490r (neck) and the 498t (bridge). Just not the real article.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
i bought it in 2005 but its actually from 2003
well i´m almost positive that they are origibnla Gibons becuase on them was a sticker that said GIBSON USA and not just Gibson designed like on newer models
President of the Jeff Beck Club(PM me to join)

Sergeant Destroyer Member Of the KISS army

PM sloopy to join
Quote by Korzack
They're Gibson Designed, sure[which essentially means they're cheap knock-offs based on Gibson humbuckers] - And they're based on the 490r (neck) and the 498t (bridge). Just not the real article.
That's the Elitist series. Their pickups are based off the 'modern classics' (490/498), and made in America, just not by Gibson themselves.

The regular Epi's is based on the 57 Classic.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.