I was wondering if you all had some advice on fingering the movable A-shape barre chords, like for instance playing a Bmaj chord (x24442). Normally when I see one I just play either the power chord or leave off the lower B note (i.e. xx4442). However, I want to learn to play the full chord better since it sounds more full and is better for arpeggios and finger-style guitar. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Practise it. When it feels normal, try putting it in a chord progression.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I usually play the bass note and cut out the note on the high e. But if I want to hit the full chord then I hyperextend the last knuckle on my ring finger to hit both the D and G strings and use the pinky for the B. Then you can use the pointer to bar the A and high e strings (and the low E if you want a more full sound).
Stop whining and learn your theory!

Quote by oddhawk676
Yeah, some black guy with a yankees cap walks into the ice cream parlor, and I said "We dont serve your kind here," as in, yankee fans, i guess he thought something else and left.
Thanks! I tried both suggestions while sitting here reading them and they worked great!
Quote by Belgarion89
Thanks! I tried both suggestions while sitting here reading them and they worked great!

Good! Glad I could be of some help to someone for a change
Stop whining and learn your theory!

Quote by oddhawk676
Yeah, some black guy with a yankees cap walks into the ice cream parlor, and I said "We dont serve your kind here," as in, yankee fans, i guess he thought something else and left.