In the future I will be looking for an amp that will handle hard rock and hair metal tones well, but I'm on a budget.

I saw an article about this amp (6262 212 combo) in Guitar Player the other day, and I really like the idea of it. GP gave good reviews. Does UG have any experience with these amps?

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BUG6262212

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhN6iLMtm74

So far I am very impressed. Even nice Jazz tones.
Last edited by JMTrio134 at Aug 20, 2008,
Quote by JMTrio134
In the future I will be looking for an amp that will handle hard rock and hair metal tones well, but I'm on a budget.

LoL! They are pretty good amps i have heard but they are still kind of new so no one is sure of their track record i think.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Quote by zhunt1130
what's your budge and what kind of tone are you looking for?

I've said, hard rock and old school metal (Think Van Halen to Metallica)

Budget is sub 800 dollars.

Oh and don't suggest used, it is extremely hard to find used **** in Maine and I'm not a fan of eBay.
Quote by zhunt1130
what's your budge and what kind of tone are you looking for?

he asks information about the bugera amps, not other brands...

On topic : Tried 2 bugera amps in the local musicshop (Bugera 6262/Bugera 333XL) Great amps for the price! The 333XL is more versitile/better cleans then the 6262 IMO. If you are looking for a nice rock/metal tone definetly try the 6262!
The 333 is voiced JSX-ish style, and the 6260 series voiced like the 5150....

The 6262 is great, just like a 5150+
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by RadioActiv3
he asks information about the bugera amps, not other brands...

On topic : Tried 2 bugera amps in the local musicshop (Bugera 6262/Bugera 333XL) Great amps for the price! The 333XL is more versitile/better cleans then the 6262 IMO. If you are looking for a nice rock/metal tone definetly try the 6262!

Cheers!
You can't compare the 412H BK to a marshall,... (high end models)
But yeah, like I said before : great stuff for the price!
Quote by Brendan.Clace
The 333 is voiced JSX-ish style, and the 6260 series voiced like the 5150....

The 6262 is great, just like a 5150+

That's what I've heard. One of my pals told me he prefers it over the 6505.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
omg no.

Get a bugera head and a Vader 4x12 (www.vadercabinets.com)

If that was headed at me, I'm going for a combo. I don't need a stack and I need portability.
Sorry, no that was aimed at the guy asking about a head/cab setup. Their combos are great though.... check em out for sures!
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
I preferred the 333XL to the 6262, it sounded tighter to me. So, I bought it and I suggest you do, too. Although, both were good amps. I just preferred the 333XL. I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Quote by whiteraven119
I preferred the 333XL to the 6262, it sounded tighter to me. So, I bought it and I suggest you do, too. Although, both were good amps. I just preferred the 333XL. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Word,
Bought the Bugera 333XL too!
hey man. i have the Bugera 6262-212 combo! Great ****ing amp! has TONS of liquid gain!
the cleans are GREAt to. i use it along sode my 5150 II half stack and somtimes my Mesa. i have been touring and gigging with it in my band since January. i use it as a back up for my 5150 II. i run it through a Mesa 2x12 just for more sound purposes. It sounds great.! never had a problem with it. i did do a preamp tube swap on it, but kept the stock tubes just in case i need to send it in for warranty work or somthing.

the amp has been VERY good to me and shreds man.
Bloodshed has the 6260-212 and loves his as well.
he has a few songs on his profile recorded with his 6260 for his bands demo
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Quote by BeerChurch