My computer got this error mensage when I tried to boot it and booting it from cd or floppy disk isnt working (I really dont know why but it's like it stops reading them after a while, and the screen turn black)

Can anyone give me an advise?

not even the windows xp cd is working...
GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND!

CAUSE
1.The file system is damaged and cannot be mounted.
2.You use a standard 40-wire connector cable to connect the UDMA drive to the controller instead of the required 80-wire, 40-pin cable.
3.The basic input/output system (BIOS) settings are configured to force the faster UDMA modes.

Back to the top
RESOLUTION
If it be the connector cable problem then replace the 40-wire cable with an 80-wire UDMA cable.
If it's a BIOS settings problem then load the 'Fail-Safe' default settings, and then reactivate the most frequently used options such as USB Support.

If it's a damaged file system case then:-
1.Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.

Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.

2.When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.

3.If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console.

4.When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

5.At the command prompt, type chkdsk /r , and then press ENTER.

6.At the command prompt, type exit , and then press ENTER to restart your computer.

This takes a bit longer, but the system should boot back into Windows.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
i'd mount your boot volume anyday
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
You have NO HARD DRIVE SPACE. Or at least not enough to start windows.
You can either boot from, say, a disc and delete some stuff, or reformat your hard drive.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I cant delete some stuff because my computer doesnt boot

Can anyone give me a boot.ini file? I'm going to try booting it from usb.

(You just have to search it on your computer and copy it)
Last edited by Valek Williams at Aug 20, 2008,
Quote by Valek Williams
I cant delete some stuff because my copmuer doesnt boot

Can anyone give me a boot.ini file? I'm going to try booting it from usb.

(You just have to search it on your computer and copy it)

Then you have a problem, as windows NEEDS hard drive space as, when it loads up, it doesn't use RAM a lot, but uses your hard drive instead.
However, if you use your USB, it has to be quite large. How large is it?

EDIT:

[boot loader]
timeout=0
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons

Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Last edited by Simsimius at Aug 20, 2008,
Quote by Simsimius
However, if you use your USB, it has to be quite large. How large is it?

2gb
okay... usb didnt work neither...

If it cant boot from any external devices I guess not even a professional could fix it...
"upgrade" to Vista

kidding, of course.
Quote by TDS
You know what would be awsome? A phone that doubled as a fleshlight that recharged power through kinetic motion.

"hold on guys my phone's dying."
*fap*
"Ok we're good."
Quote by Valek Williams
okay... usb didnt work neither...

If it cant boot from any external devices I guess not even a professional could fix it...

I had the same problem as you, so I re-formatted my main hard drive, re-installed windows, download R-Undelete on my SECOND hard drive. I was then able to get MOST of my files BACK (mainly stuff from "my documents"), and was most happy (as my computer no longer had all sorts of crap hiding in my hard drive, thus more space).
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by Valek Williams
I cant delete some stuff because my computer doesnt boot

Quote by Simsimius
.You can either boot from, say, a disc and delete some stuff, or reformat your hard drive.

This.
Wait, what? Not enough disk space? Where did you get that from? I was under the impression that (in this case) an unmountable boot volume error means the file system has been corrupt possibly because of physical damage to the drive, or simply because of something going wrong.

Whenever I've had these errors in the past I've just bought a new hard drive because there's a good chance that it's on its last legs. If you decide to do this don't format your old hard drive, you should be able to recover at least some of the data on it.
Ummm, on the subject of not booting from another source (ie CD, floppy, USB device etc...), have you checked in your BIOS to make sure that one of these drives has a higher priority than the HDD?

If not, then set the BIOS to boot from CD first, boot the Windows CD, and go in to the Recovery Console (as mentioned above) and try what is suggested. I'd also run the fixboot and fixmbr commands in there after running chkdsk /r command.

As MrP suggests too, buy another hard drive, it is quite possible that it's about to die on it's arse.

Good luck!