I have finally decided on my guitar, but does it play blues and john mayer and jack johnson type stuff.
yes

/thread

lol but yeah it can pull of that stuff good on the rythym pickup. and a combination of the rythym and treble.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

I like switching the pickups to only rhythm, and putting the tone down to 2 or 3. That way, you can still hear the notes well, and it has this nice, warm, and fat tone out of it. Very bluesy.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Definitely.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
For sure, the pups give it a thick warm sound, but not as warm as the ES-175, but that's more of a jazz thing.

It will do blues well. Not fender type blues with the spank, but it has it's own unique charm.

But as always, go find out for yourself!
The simpleton's rig:
Fender Roadhouse Stratocaster
Homemade Fuzz pedal "the chainsaw"
Peavey Valveking 212.
Quote by axelmagic
I have finally decided on my guitar, but does it play blues and john mayer and jack johnson type stuff.

guitars don't play music, peope play music...you can play whatever the hell you like on it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
you can pretty much do anything with the epi sg 400. i play everything from weezer to arch enemy on mine.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
i play blues on my g-400
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
They can play lots of stuff, i play metal, rock, and blues on mine. Id recommend getting new strings and switching when you buy it for better tone, i use ernie ball .10s (regular, yellow package) on mine and their great for them types of music.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah