Hey, not been on here for a while,
A couple of years back I bought a Marshall straight cab, it was sold to me as 70s, and the shop was honest that they didnt kow what speakers were in it, the metal label on the back is pretty scratched so im at a loss as to what this cab is and what speakers are in it. I've took the back off and it looks like someone has deliberately picked the labels off (which could be bad news) pics are attached. the number:
T1911
JK 7

is printed in black on the metal speaker surround.

Any ideas?
Attachments:
SP_A0118.jpg
SP_A0275.jpg
SP_A0280.jpg
=---Can't stop addicted to the shindig!!
It looks like a 1960 Lead from the 70's and the speakers are possibly G12M's from what I can tell... But usually I see them in Basketweave. Also a sure sign is if it has Jim Marshalls Signature inside of it.
they arent greenbacks mate, annoyed stickers have gone, its a black magnet cover,

edit: they do a green back without a green back? as the structure looking at pics looks very similar
Last edited by Glennjoe at Aug 20, 2008,
Quote by Glennjoe
they arent greenbacks mate, annoyed stickers have gone, its a black magnet cover,

edit: they do a green back without a green back? as the structure looking at pics looks very similar

At first I was thrown off as well I thought they might be Vintage 30's but after viewing some comparisions of 1970's cabs they look more like black surround greenbacks and that cab did come with greenbacks. And yes they do come with black surrounds along with green they also came in orange and grey.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Aug 20, 2008,
ah cheers dude, not bat for £125 then? or is it considering how old it is?
Quote by Glennjoe
ah cheers dude, not bat for £125 then? or is it considering how old it is?

Yup, if you lucked out and it had ole Jim's signature it, the price would possibly go up about considerably in a few years...

I have a buddy that owns one here in the states thats in alot better shape, with signature and its going for about $4200
I dont recall seeing the sig, ill have another look at a later date. doesnt the speaker quality deteriorate after time though?? was thinkin of givi it a new coat of tolex or would that be a bad move?