Page 1 of 2
I really need some help on this guys. Football started today officially, and **** was I hacking up my lungs. It's only been like a day since I last smoked but damn it's ****ing hard. I'm not sure how cold turkey is going to be going. So, how have you guys quit??
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
I've tried patches, gum, and cold turkey and all have failed.

You NEED a support network. Someone else that can guide you in quitting, who you can talk to. Keeping a journal helped when I was on patches (my most successful attempt- 3 months)
Gaaaaah

is all I can say. I'd love to stop. I could do with the money and the health.
I agree with the support group.
True, patches, gum and that stuff can help, but to have other people to encourage you is probably the most effective way of quitting.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I love smoking, can't see myself quitting in the near future.
If you're from the UK then the NHS are supposedly a big help, if not then look to your local government for any free help.
Cigarettes or other?

If cigs, then it's gonna be hard, you're gonna have to use patch and just try your best to to relapse. If it's weed or something, cold turkey shouldn't be that hard.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by smb
Gaaaaah

is all I can say. I'd love to stop. I could do with the money and the health.

Too true! Sucks when ur favorite brand is upwards of 5 bucks
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Quote by edwardthegreat5
Cigarettes or other?

If cigs, then it's gonna be hard, you're gonna have to use patch and just try your best to to relapse. If it's weed or something, cold turkey shouldn't be that hard.

erm smoking weed should be just as hard unless they're smoking it straight.
Stop. It's that simple. Keep going.

Or don't.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by everlong12
dude its as simple as not smoking, its not hard

You've clearly never smoked
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by King Baby Duck
erm smoking weed should be just as hard unless they're smoking it straight.

Over here in the US people hardly ever mix with tobacco.

Even if you are, you'd have to be smoking tons of half-and-halfs to be addicted to nicotine.

But yeah, I really don't know. I have no trouble quitting a couple week long binge of smoking either, I just end up not thinking about doing it more. If I do think about it, I just deal. Terrible advice, but cold turkey this way seems to work fine for me.
my dad got these pills that mess with your brain making you feel satisfied, working brilliantly.
hello
I just kinda...stopped.

I woke up and was like, 'what the hell am I doing?' And thus, I smoked no longer.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Yeah it ****ing sucks when a ton of my friends smoke and right now it's harder then I thought it was going to be.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

Cold turkey is a bad idea, you're almost certainly going to fail if you try that. I developed my own system of cutting down where you begin by restricting yourself to one or two packs a week to be smoked whenever you want within that week; no day-by-day restrictions, if you have a lot left at the end of the week go ahead and smoke them if you want to but you can't carry them on to the next stage. Continue doing this extending the number of weeks your cigarettes must last and reduce your permitted amount for the period.

It wasn't long before I was smoking one or two cigarettes a week at the most and then I just stopped buying them. I stopped for about two years and didn't feel the urge to start again, but I've started smoking again since I haven't been able to drink. Best of luck
And yeah, I've stopped all drugs pretty much until around december like I do every year with football and have never had any real problems. This last year though i started smoking cigaretts and it's tough as hell
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

Its hard as **** dude. Just gotta keep telling yourself that you really cant be doing that to yourself and try to keep busy. I only get cravings when Im bored really, but im still at a half pack a day.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
I dunno about anyone else, but i can quite happily smoke a cig and not crave another for months!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
everytime i feel the urge to smoke, i masturbate
┏┫ ┏┓ ┏┓ ┣┓    ┃┃
┗┫   ┃   ┣┛ ┏━━┻┃ Copy and paste if
 ┃ ┗━━━┛ ┃  ┣━━ ┃ you have ever been Rickroll'd,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI
I quit cold turkey, but to do so you really have to want to quit and have the will power to see it through. I had gotten to the point that I hated smoking, I felt like I was a slave to the addiction, and didn't like that feeling. I'm better than one year now without Marlboros, and yes sometimes I wish I had one the size of a Louisville Slugger. The urges don't go away but do diminish in severity over time. My wife and I quit at the same time and that has been a tremendous help not having any in the house and understanding what each other was going through.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
I dunno about anyone else, but i can quite happily smoke a cig and not crave another for months!

Yeah but do you just smoke one cig here and there?

People dont realize that smoking only gets addictive after its a near daily habit.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Quote by dmiwshicldply
umm smoking weed is not habit forming so how would it be hard?

REALLY!?! You watch to many movies (like Dewie Cox) and you put to much value on what people say versus what's factual. You've obviously never been a true pot head before.

Um...Pot doesn't create a physical dependence, so in that sence, yes it's non-habit forming, HOWEVER!!! What makes quitting pot so hard is the habit of getting high. Imagine if you will, someone that smokes daily for a few years. It's their main release for EVERYTHING! Then if they quit cold turkey, you can't possibly tell me that they aren't in the habit of smoking. They will be craving a joint/bowl/bong/blunt/AnythingWithTHCGodDamnIt just as bad as a tobacco smoking craving a cig. Honestly, I think pot is one of the best things on this planet, but it is habit forming and it is hard to quit. It's just a psychological addiction as opposed to a physical addiction.
Quote by garden of grey
Over here in the US people hardly ever mix with tobacco.

Not that I'm agreeing with the other guy, but why don't Americans mix with tobacco? Are you saying most people buy blunts or that they just use a skin with no baccy? Cause then how does it smoke...

EDIT: Post above... I'm used to smoking 3-4 joints a day, then came home for the summer and didn't smoke weed for 8 weeks. I didn't miss it either. The only reason I didn't is because I don't know any dealers around here, I wasn't anxious about it either. I like getting high but noone is really dependant on weed.
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
Last edited by rickmeister at Aug 20, 2008,
Quote by rickmeister
Not that I'm agreeing with the other guy, but why don't Americans mix with tobacco? Are you saying most people buy blunts or that they just use a skin with no baccy? Cause then how does it smoke...

It burns.

If it's rolled properly, it burns just as evenly as tobacco.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Just as well as with tobacco? I don't believe that
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
with the support group, you could always talk to us here. i hav great respect for anyone that quits. i dn't smoke my self, but a lot of close relatives do and i've seen what it can do. so if you need to talk, just say what you need here.

good luck!
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
the patch always worked for me. all 9 times.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
the thing is you're not going to be able to quit unless you actually don't want to smoke cigarettes anymore. i tried quitting several times and I finally was able to last longer than a week when I really actually got the right mindset... i've had one cigarette in the last 3 months

if you're like "i love smoking and the act of it and everything but i dunno, it's expensive and unhealthy" you won't quit

if you're like "motha-#$!@ these things" then you're good to go.
Quote by rickmeister
Just as well as with tobacco? I don't believe that

Nearly as well.
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by Cryptorchild
Spend all your money on cocaine.

this
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy

Quote by MetalheadforJC

I herd rap mean Retraded Attemped at Poetry

Quote by dmiwshicldply
umm smoking weed is not habit forming so how would it be hard?

You have NO idea what you're talking about.
Smoking weed is a habit for me, when I go and hang out with me friends, it's a habit that the first thing I do after greeting my friends is to roll another joint, and when my parents go to bed I roll another joint. It simply became a habit for me to smoke on almost every ocasion. Another example, when I get an hour brake from school it's a habit to smoke a joint.

And besides that, it becomes a habit to be stoned.
To be honest, I don't like everything that I see while being sober.
Page 1 of 2