Page 1 of 3
That's what the bumper sticker read.

My girlfriend and I were walking out of a Chinese Restaurant during my lunch break today and I saw a MASSIVE Ford Excursion (Basically the largest SUV) with at LEAST 34 inch tires and some sort of lift kit. It was parked right next to me.

It looked like an urban assault vehicle. It barely fit in the parking spot.

I read the bumper sticker which stated, "Buy a Hybrid so I can use your gas."

My gf and I stood and talked for a moment when the owner of the vehicle came outside and walked to her vehicle. She was a high-class soccer mom.... she had ONE child with her. Now, I'd understand if she had a large family (which, she could potentially and I just don't know it).

She could fit an entire kindergarten class in that thing if she wanted.
Let's pretend she has 4 kids. She could still buy something like a van or a smaller SUV.
It just seemed so.... wasteful and... bitch-like (the bumper sticker).

I glared at her as she got in her tank (she could barely climb up in it, even with step-bars) and she drove off.

I really wanted to tell this lady off but couldn't think of anything to say

I might not even have a right for this to piss me off, but it just really irked me.

Pit, what would you have done/said?
Quote by Vagabond21
Pit, what would you have done/said?

I would've asked her if she was smuggling illegal aliens with it. And if she said no, ask her if she'd like to.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
"Hi, I'm here with GreenWar, and I'd like to congratulate you on your needlessly extravagant car and its exorbitantly wasteful fuel efficiency. Please continue to do your bit against the environment and if you ever need any tips on running over children or preventing others from recycling, don't hesitate to call our hotline!"
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Nice car
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
For all you know she may be a mother of 9 who only happened to have one kid with her at the time.
Can you name the truck with four wheel drive,
smells like a steak and seats thirty-five..

Canyonero! Canyonero!

Well, it goes real slow with the hammer down,
It's the country-fried truck endorsed by a clown!

Canyonero! (Yah!) Canyonero!

The Federal Highway comission has ruled the
Canyonero unsafe for highway or city driving.

Canyonero!

12 yards long, 2 lanes wide,
65 tons of American Pride!

Canyonero! Canyonero!

Top of the line in utility sports,
Unexplained fires are a matter for the courts!

Canyonero! Canyonero! (Yah!)

She blinds everybody with her super high beams,
She's a squirrel crushing, deer smacking, driving machine!

Canyonero!-oh woah, Canyonero! (Yah!)

Drive Canyonero!

Woah Canyonero!

Woah!
Quote by metaldud536
jamesdenver at 12:19 PM on 08/03/08

"Also SUVs are far more spacious to live in when your house gets foreclosed on."

I saw that too. Made me lol
i think its a personal choice really, i mean i really dont give a **** about the enviroment, but thats just me, i guess its just your own morals
Quote by steve98614
i think its a personal choice really, i mean i really dont give a **** about the enviroment, but thats just me, i guess its just your own morals

You will care when smog is going to be forecasted for your city.
Quote by Kensai
I would've asked her if she was smuggling illegal aliens with it. And if she said no, ask her if she'd like to.

OMFG lol thats funny i loved that lol and i reallywould have said that if i was there that not kidding
Quote by steve98614

I see you care about how the future generations are going to survive without fossil fuel and insane ammounts of pollution. I'd say some more mean things, but I have to go somewhere....

screw you guys, I'm going.... to soccer practice.
i really dont think ill even care then, i have enough **** to worry about other then smog
Unless you are a farmer or live ontop of a mountain you don't need a 4x4. Stop blocking up the roads and using up all the petrol.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Quote by steve98614
i really dont think ill even care then, i have enough **** to worry about other then smog

Yes indeed.

Such as lung cancer manifested by the smog.
Quote by Vagabond21
Yes indeed.

you can counter the smog by smoking

edit: haha, i can predict the future
i think ill get lung cancer from cigs be4 smog, i think people should do what they want and people should stop bitching about dumb little ****, its one car, nobody died, ur not going to change that persons mind
who cares? if you have the money, you should drive whatever you want. my friend's cousins are rich; their mom has a huge freaking hummer, but only two kids. who cares?
I glared at her as she got in her tank

well you're kind of a dick. it's her choice isn't it? you didn't know the situation. maybe that was the one car they had that day, and she didn't want to transport all her 6 kids around so snoopy people like you wouldn't raise a big fuss about it. not everybody has a use for a small car like you might, either.

She could still buy something like a van or a smaller SUV.

what if they needed to use trailers? i'm not saying everyone has a use for those huge SUVs, but in the future you should probably realize you don't know the situation at all.
Quote by steve98614

Twelve year olds are full of responsibility these days, eh?
Quote by steve98614

such as
i don't get why people say that oil comes from fossils. i just don't get it. it makes no sense, and it's complete bs. study geology before you say stuff like that please.
Quote by Vagabond21
Yes indeed.

Because that's what definitely happens when you drive an SUV...
Pretty witty for a bumper sticker anyway.
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
Quote by Rogue Hermit
i don't get why people say that oil comes from fossils. i just don't get it. it makes no sense, and it's complete bs. study geology before you say stuff like that please.

paleontologists say "fail"
as much as i would like to get into my life with you slayer_rule, i think u need to just calm down
Quote by Rogue Hermit
well you're kind of a dick. it's her choice isn't it? you didn't know the situation. maybe that was the one car they had that day, and she didn't want to transport all her 6 kids around so snoopy people like you wouldn't raise a big fuss about it. not everybody has a use for a small car like you might, either.

I don't have a small car. I have a medium-sized pickup truck. But I actually need a truck.

I realize that's her choice. It's fine with me that she drives that. America is a free country.
All I'm saying is it pissed me off.

Quote by Rogue Hermit
what if they needed to use trailers? i'm not saying everyone has a use for those huge SUVs, but in the future you should probably realize you don't know the situation at all.

I never said I knew the whole situation. I guess it was just the bumper sticker that was kind of the icing on the cake.
I probably wouldn't have even thought twice about it if it wasn't for that damned bumper sticker.
Quote by Rogue Hermit

Are you actually serious?
seljer. answer me this. how would you be able to convert bones to oil? and another thing. if fossils were our sources of fuel, what would stop us from burying our dead and digging them up millions of years later for a few gallons of gas? why haven't we started that yet?
Quote by rickmeister
Because that's what definitely happens when you drive an SUV...
Pretty witty for a bumper sticker anyway.

It was a joke.

Okay, first and foremost

(Invalid img)

This is almost perfectly in sync with the song "Bleed American" by Jimmy Eat World.

As for the actual thread, I think you should have minded your own business. If she had started something and gotten in your face about her bumper sticker, you could have said something. But you shouldn't say something about it out of the blue.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
and if fossils were fuel, why are t-rex skeletons in museums worldwide when they could be used?
It's her choice, but it's pretty dumb.

My friend's dad use a Toyota Tundra for his job. (He works in the construction field), it cost 150$/week worth of gas.

The engine is the Keith Richards of the engines. It drinks tons.

For all of you who don't care about the environnement, you're selfish and dumb. We're killing our planet, we're killing casualties for the petroleum. We live in society, everyone should take a step in the right direction, it might change a lot of things.

Open your eyes, you're not alone. My family is rich; yet my dad drives a hybrid Lexus and my mom drives a Prius. We don't need an effing hummer or a huge ass SUV to be happy.

Quote by Rogue Hermit
and if fossils were fuel, why are t-rex skeletons in museums worldwide when they could be used?

They're called Fossil fuels, not fuel from fossils.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossil_Fuel

Comparative figures:
1 litre of regular gasoline is the time-rendered result of about 23.5 metric tonnes of ancient phytoplankton material deposited on the ocean floor. [5]
The total fossil fuel used in the year 1997 is the result of 422 years of all plant matter that grew on the entire surface and in all the oceans of the ancient earth.[5]
[edit]
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Last edited by JeanMi36 at Aug 20, 2008,
Quote by Rogue Hermit

Please. Stop talking.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by steve98614
as much as i would like to get into my life with you slayer_rule, i think u need to just calm down

i am calm. i was merely asking politely about your selfish thoguhts.
Quote by Rogue Hermit

Methinks you aren't grasping the concept of "fossil fuels".
Quote by Rogue Hermit
seljer. answer me this. how would you be able to convert bones to oil? and another thing. if fossils were our sources of fuel, what would stop us from burying our dead and digging them up millions of years later for a few gallons of gas? why haven't we started that yet?

since I cbf to write it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossil_fuel#Origin

we've had combustion engines for what...300 years now? and look how much we've used up. Its not a profitable long term strategy. Gas is gonna run out no matter what

edit: bah, 3rd on a wiki link

Quote by NotAGuitarHero
Okay, first and foremost

(Invalid img)

This is almost perfectly in sync with the song "Bleed American" by Jimmy Eat World.

Quote by Rogue Hermit

Page 1 of 3