I'm currently on the fence with some gear woes.

I play in two bands, a multiple weekly show bar band that plays classic rock/country and a bigger club gig that plays a few times a month. (and is a country gig)

I currently use a JCM2000 DSL100 and a JCM800 cab, and for the bar band this is just fine, it actually sounds surprisingly well live. However, in that band we use live monitors, and our stage volume is relatively loud. In the other band we use in-ear monitoring and the goal is to have as low of stage volume as possible.

This is where my problem lies, my rig is a little overkill for the club gig's, i have to have it cranked way over the target stage volume to hit the sweet spot. I was debating on whether or not to construct a plexi glass sound barrier to put in front of it to kill some of the directional volume, but id rather not.

A local guitar shop that i teach at has a 1X12 boogie lonestar special combo that has selectable wattage (5/15/30) which would be very nice for keeping my stage volume down.

I could trade my DSL rig for the lonestar with 150 to boot and it would be mine, but im afraid that i would regret it in the long run as i've begun to do a fair amount of session work lately and having a nice selection of amplifiers and instruments is crucial.

So basically i need a collective push in the right direction, so give me your thoughts
Mesa's are brilliant amps. You probably won't regret changing.
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
Quote by FRDesign
Every Amp Mesa Makes is better than any Marshall currentley made.
I don't know. I would rather have a Vintage Modern or a JVM instead of an Express 5:25, but...yeah, think that's it
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by FRDesign
Every Amp Mesa Makes is better than any Marshall currentley made.

all opinion. I really don't care for any mesas, but i like the british voice better anyways
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
They are two very different sounds, but if i put a od pedal to push the front end of the boogie a little more it screams.

I guess i just feel like i'm gonna miss having a 4X12 behind me
Quote by JLT73
all opinion. I really don't care for any mesas, but i like the british voice better anyways

Try the stiletto. It's supposed to be British Voiced with the EL34's i believe, and it sounds good. But, I love Mesa, so I could be somewhat biased.
Fender American Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
79 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
Mesa Boogie Mark IV with 4x12 Recto Cab
Looking for Ibanez RGA model or Petrucci PM me for details
To be honest, I would get a 1x12 cab and pull two of the power tubes on the DSL to run it at half power.
Quote by Valek Williams
I think the dsl has a better clean tone

The DSL does have a nice clean tone, but seeing as it doesn't have an independent EQ it cant have the spank i can get out of the Lonestar while have a nice lead channel.

Guitarbite - The DSL doesn't need any pushing, it has eons of gain, its the lonestar im worried about.