I really want a Gibson SG... I'm tempted to do the Guitar Center financing option, mostly because it would help build my credit since I'm only 20 (I have good credit, just not very much credit). I can put like 75% down and only be paying like $20 a month or something. Is it legit?
Of course it is legit. That does not make it a good deal or a wise decision though. Save the money and pay cash. ALWAYS smarter.
Quote by thor338
Of course it is legit. That does not make it a good deal or a wise decision though. Save the money and pay cash. ALWAYS smarter.

Of course it is, but how are you supposed to build credit if you never use credit? I could buy it outright after a paycheck, but I want to build credit with something simple and don't want to bother with a credit card.
build the credit pay a bit more than the minimun payments but strech them out to get a long credit history
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
buy used? you could probably get a used sg for like 700$
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

I doubt you will get approved if you don't really have credit. The ****ers won't approve me on Musicians Friend (which is the same company) and I got a loan on a truck. I am in the same boat as you... barely any credit and that is their reasoning behind denying me.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I just applied to the Musiciansfriend card for fun and got approved for a $700 limit. LOL, with tax an SG would be like $730. Oh well.
Last edited by drewfromutah at Aug 20, 2008,