Hi, I'm a left hander when it comes to pretty much anything except guitar. I play that right handed. When I first started playing, it felt comfortable that way and that's how i've always played. Now I have problems with my picking hand. My left hand is pretty much dead on when it comes to fretting notes on the fretboard, but when it comes to my right hand picking those notes, I get a lot of missed strings and overall inaccuracy with it.

I was wondering if there were exercises to remedy this, and to strengthen my right hand or something?
i to am a lefty. but im not your average lefty. when it comes to swinging things or playing guitar im considered right handed. throwing or writing, lefty. odd i know. my suggestion, try playing a left handed guitar at some guitar store. see if it makes a difference. and no i didnt miss the part where you said youve always played guitar this way. but try it anyway.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
I'm left handed also, but play guitar right-handed.. I had the same problem a while ago and I found that just practicing anything helps out. Just try playing stuff slowed down then work your way up to full speed.
The........

What More Is There To Say..
I'm glad to see other left handers playing right handed guitar like me

I had the same issue when i was starting out but as cliche as it sounds, just keep practicing and both your hands will be able to play fine in time almost guaranteed.
You get the same advice as everyone else: start slowly and build up; the aim is accuracy at any speed not just being able to play fast.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Alright, sounds good I guess. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong.
Thanks for the encouragement!
I envy you lefty people who can play righty. I have my friend's strat in my room that I try to play righty but my right hand can't strum to save it's life. I'm so bad right handed I can't even pluck an open string with reasonable accuracy (I can, interestingly, play bass righty fairly comfortably). So I play lefty and need to spend more on guitars and only have like 4 to choose from. At least it looks cool. :P
GAS list-o-rama
Orange Tiny Terror Head ($549)
Epiphone VJ Cab ($129)
Seymour Duncan SHPG1/SH-11 set ($95 + $79)
Gaskell Classic (~$680)
Black Gibson SG Standard ($1499)
Here is a video lesson of a really useful, straightforward warm-up exercise I posted on my website. It should help you focus on getting your pick and fret hands coordinated.

The tab is embedded in the video.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Storm Stenvold
~ http://www.guitarteacher.com
~ See It, Hear It, Play It!
~ Free Video Guitar Lessons, Jam Tracks + More!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote by R0e
Hi, I'm a left hander when it comes to pretty much anything except guitar. I play that right handed. When I first started playing, it felt comfortable that way and that's how i've always played. Now I have problems with my picking hand. My left hand is pretty much dead on when it comes to fretting notes on the fretboard, but when it comes to my right hand picking those notes, I get a lot of missed strings and overall inaccuracy with it.

I was wondering if there were exercises to remedy this, and to strengthen my right hand or something?

Nothing wrong there, and it's certainly nothing to do with being left-handed....you're just trying to play too fast. Concentrate on playing things accurately and keeping your hands synchronised. You'll gradually get faster as time progresses, you just need to be patient.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com