...Is a guitar really supposed to go out of tune after playing one song? And it's not like I have new strings on; I know how to break new strings in. So is it my guitar that's causing this problem? (which is a cheap starter pack strat look-alike)
Quote by Seryaph
You need to douse it in a 20/30/50 ratio of mustard/ketchup/horseradish and stroke it as fast as you can untill the mayonaise squirts out. Then consume.
no its not

its a poorly made guitar, mayeb if you upgradethe bride saddles and tuning pegs you might be able to improve stability... what kind of bridge is it? i'm guessing a strat knock off?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
oh and get some more springs to put on the trem and really get it held down tight, that'll help as well, and for god sake dont actually use the bloody thing, those cheap trems are useless

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom Horn
no its not

its a poorly made guitar, mayeb if you upgradethe bride saddles and tuning pegs you might be able to improve stability... what kind of bridge is it? i'm guessing a strat knock off?

Yea, it's just a cheap trem bridge i guess.
Quote by Seryaph
You need to douse it in a 20/30/50 ratio of mustard/ketchup/horseradish and stroke it as fast as you can untill the mayonaise squirts out. Then consume.
yeah,

thats probably whats causing the most problems.

if you can sort of block it, maybe buy some better saddles and some springs to hold the trem down, just see if it helps at all...

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
change the strings, break them in, dont use the trem bar, dotn do crazy bends, get a new guitar, check the sddles, the springs, then nut and the tuning pegs.
Nut Sauce may help, or take some shavings from a pencil's lead and put them in the nut slot then put the string back in and tune it up. I've fix a few cheap guitars that wouldn't stay in tune that way.
Quote by Tom Horn
yeah,

thats probably whats causing the most problems.

if you can sort of block it, maybe buy some better saddles and some springs to hold the trem down, just see if it helps at all...

Thanks, I may try that. Odds are I won't be sticking with this guitar much longer though; I've had it for three years and it's a pain in the rear to deal with. Before it was really just the B string (which I still put up with), but for some reason the high E and G strings are going out of tune more and more often. Now I just need a job.
Quote by Seryaph
Lubricate the nut and string trees with a pencil
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
if its those strings it may be the saddles going.... you might even have a bowed or warped neck if thats old and that cheap....

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb