I'm not necessarily going to get one now, but i want to know which models of the Head amps and the Cabinets are made for hard rock and metal, like Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, Shinedown, maybe even Guns N Roses... because once i start playing gigs a lot (not big ones, just in bars and clubs and stuff), I'm going to need some stacks, and all i got now is this Line 6 Spider III 75 watt amp

anyway, thanks for the suggestions guys.
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
The vintage modern, mode 4s may be good for you
=---Can't stop addicted to the shindig!!
Does it have to be a Marshall? And budget?

EDIT: and try and score a JCM800. That or like the guy above said, a Vintage Modern. Although I've heard they can be fizzy....
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Yeah wel Slash always used old JCM Marshalls for GnR, but I've always heard that the Mode 4's are the most versatile and very good when it comes to metal.
Quote by stratman_13
Does it have to be a Marshall? And budget?

my dream is to own a marshall lol. I've always wanted to own one, ever since i discovered that amps actually DO matter (so i was like 10). And the budget doesn't matter, cuz like i said before, I don't need one at the moment, but once i actually start playing in clubs and bars,(which will be in a year or 2, once i get my license) i will need a stack... at the moment im just playing battle of the bands at my school, so its really not a necessity, at the moment.
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
Honestly, if you're used to the hard rock and metal tones from the Spider, I would stay away from the Vintage Modern, and definitely nothing solid-state or "hybrid" or "valvestate" / "AVT" from Marshall.

Honestly, anything in the JCM or JVM line will do the trick - I have a JCM TSL 100 and a JVM 410H, and both have incredible hard rock, higher-gain tones. Bottom-line, though, is every amp is different, so if you're going to buy online or second-hand, listen to all the soundclips you can find and figure out what your favorite artists use.
Quote by GuitarFreak664
You probably don't need a full stack a nice 100w tube 2x12 would probably do the trick

Wow. Good job at talking out your ass.

Next time actually know what you're talking about before you post.

Anyway, a JCM 800 would suit you well. They usually go for around 600-1000 on ebay depending on the condition. Pair it with a decent cab and it ought to do what you need it to.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
JCM800, Jubilee, JVM, Mode 4, Vintage Modern... JCM2000, JCM900... all of those amps will give you metal tone, although you might have to boost some of them with a pedal.

As for cabs, you can pretty much never go wrong with a 1960A Marshall cab. You might also want to look at other cabs such as Vader or Avatar cabinets, but make sure the Ohms rating matches and make sure the amp head doesn't have a higher wattage than the cab.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Anything but the valvestate and the mg's
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI