dont know if this is the right section but who cares. I am starting to try singing while playing guitar and I did it today and noticed the microphone im using sucks. Im just using a kareoke machine so it might be that to but it is really echoiey(it echos) and sounds kind of muffled and crappy. Im thinking of getting a new microphone something that is half decent. I was looking at audix, ive heard that the OM5 is good. Can anyone give me some sugestions or tell me if its my kareoke machine or something.

mic im using now is a sony F-V220
This would be better placed in the recording forum.

dont know if this is the right section but who cares.

The mods do.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
ya it probably should be there. Maybe a mod will move it for me or do I have to make a new thread there.
Done.

I'm interested in this too.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Shure SM-58 mic, you may want to use a mix board or somthing if you really start getting into it......but for now the Karaoke machine works. i would just get a Shure SM-58 mic for vocals
IMO that Audix OM5 is way too high in price for your use....although I'm sure it works very well.
I would rather get a Shure SM57 or SM58 though as they run $100 new.

What type of guitar are you recording?

The acoustics work best with condenser mics such as the MXL 990/991 and the 990 can work well at vocals as well. Thing is they need an interface with phantom power and preamps. The PreSonus Inspire 1394 should work well.
Are you just using the karaoke speaker because you have it around, or do you want to do live stuff eventually?
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101