Hey guys, I've been playing about 4 years but I still can't do these metalcore-style down picking riffs eg. Like light to the flies by trivium and hourglass by lamb of god n stuff and it's really really annoying me, my hand feels all tense wen i do it and my wrist starts to ache and it generally comes out sounding ****.

I mean shud I try a different technique? Are there any cool excercises or techniques that cud help me out?

Thanks
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
lots of practice did the trick for me
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
are you playing standing up?
if so, raise your strap a bit.
also, practice.
i can do it very well, but thats the type of music i play all the time so, im used to it.
do you normally alternate pick?
if so, just alternate pick that bizznitch.
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Quote by doctorcheeze200
are you playing standing up?
if so, raise your strap a bit.
also, practice.
i can do it very well, but thats the type of music i play all the time so, im used to it.
do you normally alternate pick?
if so, just alternate pick that bizznitch.

I've thought about alternate picking but then it sounds kinda sloppy and it doesn't have that heavy sound to it like it should have. I usually play sitting down. I know practise is required but like are there any useful excercises or run throughs I should use or is it just a case of practising the songs?
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Learn the intro's to 'Unholy Confessions' by A7X, and 'My fist, your mouth her scars'by bullet for my valentine....great place to start for those metalcorish type riffs.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Quote by HLrocker
Learn the intro's to 'Unholy Confessions' by A7X, and 'My fist, your mouth her scars'by bullet for my valentine....great place to start for those metalcorish type riffs.

cheersss, i'll try the bullet one since i'm tuned to drop c atm
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w