Hi, I'm sorting out a pedalboard, I already have a couple of these, but most i dont. Bearing in mind i cant spend more than the total of all the pedals I dont have yet, could I have some suggestions for alternatives- tell me what you think of it!
My favourite bands are Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, Muse, White Stripes and RHCP.

EHX Little Big Muff <- already own
Pro Co Rat 2
BBE Orange Squash <- in the mail!
Ibanez AW7 AutoWah
Digitech Whammy
EHX Stereo Pulsar
Boss DD3

Thanks!
senor soupdragon
Quote by philjay
^^I never ceases to amaze my guitar playing friends. It's all fun in games till I bring out the MIGHTY TOASTER

(Discussion about the Orange Tiny Terror)
A Phaser maybe? I know Russel from Bloc Party seems to use a phaser in at least a few of their songs. Instead of the autowah maybe.
try the boss auto wah if you havent already, i was trying it out in guitar center and being the newb i am i played voodoo childs intro with it, and it gets a perfect copy of the intro if you know how to play it that is
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
My only suggestion is that the DD3 isn't really worth it. The DD6 (or I guess the DD7 now) is more expensive, but also has way more uses and is better in the long run.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I think the Rat is perfect for those indie tones you want, and you already have the Muff for the higher gain stuff. I'd say that for most people neither a tremolo or whammy are the most vital things, but given who you like they're very logical choices - the Pulsar does look really good for the price too.

I would ditch the auto-wah though, probably for a chorus for RHCP stuff -given your price range I'd say the EHHX Small Clone, as always

As for the delay, I agree that the DD-6 or 7 would offer better value, although if you can get a modded one used that ould be cool, as it could give you the option of getting an analogue-a-like delay sound.
Quote by stradivari310
My only suggestion is that the DD3 isn't really worth it. The DD6 (or I guess the DD7 now) is more expensive, but also has way more uses and is better in the long run.

did they discontinue the DD6 and are they going to dicontinue the DD3 i mean i dont think they need lower versions of them if there all going to be over 100 dollars
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
I think you should get a wah pedal with the expression pedal instead of auto. It'll have more use, be more versatile with other music should you get into it, and it's another skill you can have.
Hi, I'm sorting out a pedalboard, I already have a couple of these, but most i dont. Bearing in mind i cant spend more than the total of all the pedals I dont have yet, could I have some suggestions for alternatives- tell me what you think of it!
My favourite bands are Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, Muse, White Stripes and RHCP.

Pro Co Rat 2
Ibanez AW7 AutoWah
Digitech Whammy
EHX Stereo Pulsar
Boss DD3

Thanks!
senor soupdragon

OK for a start I'd swap out the Digitech Whammy for a Digitech EX-7 Expression Factory. I find that the tracking is better on it and it's much more versatile, assuming you'd only use the Whammy for +1 and -1 octave shifting. Has models for several wahs, distortions and Digitech's own Space Station effect. Looking at the bands you're into I think this would be right up your alley, and it costs a little less than the Whammy too.

Secondly I'd swap out the autowah for a Digitech Synth/Wah. I'm sure you'd enjoy the crazy Bloc Partyish noises you could make with it. The rest looks good, although perhaps you should try a Line 6 Echo Park delay pedal and see if you prefer it to the DD-3 before you buy.
Ibanez GAX50
Epiphone Valve Junior
Boss OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion

Saving for:

*Line 6 Echo Park delay
Quote by soupdragon

Pro Co Rat 2
Ibanez AW7 AutoWah
Digitech Whammy
EHX Stereo Pulsar
Boss DD3

Thanks!
senor soupdragon

Looks good to me, but id drop the autowah, pick up a proper one, maybe the vox or crybaby (Higher model than the original though), and look into something else delay wise, maybe the carbon copy or something, i have like 7 different settings for delay on my echohead, i only really use one so im getting rid of it and getting something more usefull to me.

Also have a look on ebay for the proco vintage rat with the LMN08 (or something to that extent) instead of the rat 2, they arent as high gain but sound much better for the sort of sounds you seen to be going for.
Hi again, thanks for all the suggestions, I think I'll look into the DD6 and Synth wah now. Oh and I did look at the Digitech Expression Factory (or whatever its called) and Im sticking with the whammy cos the Exp. Factory is Ac powered (all my effects need to run thru one dc multi power supply!) and also I dont need all the other distortion models and whatnot, so it's a bit overly complicated for me.

Oh yeah, last time I saw a carbon copy it was 200 quids, i cant affor dthat much atm!

so, yeah, thanks for all the suggestions so far
Quote by philjay
^^I never ceases to amaze my guitar playing friends. It's all fun in games till I bring out the MIGHTY TOASTER

(Discussion about the Orange Tiny Terror)