I recently went to a show where a kid did a little set with his Epiphone SG and I completely loved his sound. I have no idea about any of his equipment, but I did see he had three humbuckers on his SG and I'm not sure which one he used.

I've had a Spider II for a long time (gift) and I'm thinking about upgrading. I typically play acoustic because I love how heavy/bassy and deep an acoustic can sound, but I would love to be able to do that with my Strat.

I'd like it mostly to be a great clean amp and to be over driven a little bit, if possible.

Any ideas on what amps I should look at/for?
fck.
ampeg vt-22 has a very thick and unbelievible cleans, ita a vintage tube amp and nothing, i mean nothing compares to it, if your lookin for crunchy this is your amp. goes for about 700-900 on ebay for the combo and about 400-500 for the head (v 4), hope you look into it, if you do you will never look back.
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
hmm, thats a TAD expensive although i'll consider it. i am mostly looking for acoustic-type cleans... so very bassy and thick. crunch would be a plus though.

how about the flextone series? is that decent at least?
fck.
His SG was a "Les Paul Custom". It's a reissue of a SG when they were first released. The custom had three pups, and has Les Paul on it cos the SG was the new Les Paul shape. But Les Paul the guitarist didn't like it, so he refused to put his name on it, but they used the little names plates until they were used up.

Back on track, a good Epi one should set you back about £350-£450. I can't remember its exact name, but thats what it says on the top.
Quote by clapton-floyd
His SG was a "Les Paul Custom". It's a reissue of a SG when they were first released. The custom had three pups, and has Les Paul on it cos the SG was the new Les Paul shape. But Les Paul the guitarist didn't like it, so he refused to put his name on it, but they used the little names plates until they were used up.

Back on track, a good Epi one should set you back about £350-£450. I can't remember its exact name, but thats what it says on the top.

I actually read about that a while ago, interesting story! I'm not sure if I want to buy another guitar, I don't even have a lot of room in my little room for it. Amps are stackable though and I'm planning on selling mine when I can anyway. My guitars though? I want to keep my babies FOREVERRRR
fck.
Probably best re-thinking your amp requirements slightly, if only for the fact that you can't make an electric sound like an acoustic. However for an amp that does cleans and mild overdrive (as in whacking the strings on the clean channel!) the Fender Hot Rod fits the bill.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Shy of the "crunch" a Blues JR or Hot Rod Deluxe has great cleans, plenty of lows and highs. A Deluxe Reverb re-issue as well is a great clean amp. When you want great cleans and crunch, I think Mesa F-30 or Randall RG50tc. Buy used if at all possible.
I'm aware that it can never sound like a true acoustic, but most amps I've tried had "tin can cleans," which are not too nice
fck.
Go try a Fender Hot Rod and a Fender Blues Jr. There is another whole world of tones for cleans and blues. But like I said, not great OD on the amps. They are not metal amps but awesome clean and blues amps.
Quote by mexiSt
I'm aware that it can never sound like a true acoustic, but most amps I've tried had "tin can cleans," which are not too nice

Epiphone Valve Standard or Blues Custom?

Very, very dark. Definitely won't be "tin canny"

Pretty cheap too. I think the Blues Custom goes for less than 600 new.

Valve Standard should be around 200 used.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/