I'm looking to buy a guitar and I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these two guitars. I'm trying to decide which one I should buy and anyone that has had first hand knowledge of either would be a great deal of help. People who don't have exp but still want to sound off their opinion are welcome too.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Synyster-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=518485

or

http://www.zzounds.com/item--SCEVENGESP
im gonna guess since they're both sig guitars from the same band thats why you want them.
don't get them based on that alone. go try them out if you really want them but chances are in the long run you'll be happier with something else.
Send me off to bed forevermore.
AX7?

i'm going to vote for "avoid like the plauge." you shouldn't want to be associated with them.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
i should say first i dont have either of those guitars. however, i am a proud owner of a C-1 Hellraiser string thru and i love it. shecter makes great guitars. i have played both of those guitars on seperate occasions at guitarcenter. i liked the synyster more, just had more of the metal vibe and sound. assuming that is what you want a guitar like this for.

let me ask you tho. what are you going to be playing?
they are fairly different guitars, one has a floyd other is bridge.
one has 24 frets other has 22.
just stuff to think about. if you plan on playing lead i might get the synyster because it has 2 extra frets which are nice and it has the floyd which is also cool for lead. if not maybe check out the other one. either way i like to play guitars before i buy em so if you can i would go and check em out side by side and decide then.
Quote by 51VH50
i should say first i dont have either of those guitars. however, i am a proud owner of a C-1 Hellraiser string thru and i love it. shecter makes great guitars. i have played both of those guitars on seperate occasions at guitarcenter. i liked the synyster more, just had more of the metal vibe and sound. assuming that is what you want a guitar like this for.

let me ask you tho. what are you going to be playing?
they are fairly different guitars, one has a floyd other is bridge.
one has 24 frets other has 22.
just stuff to think about. if you plan on playing lead i might get the synyster because it has 2 extra frets which are nice and it has the floyd which is also cool for lead. if not maybe check out the other one. either way i like to play guitars before i buy em so if you can i would go and check em out side by side and decide then.

Thank you for your input. It seems I have more to reflect on.

Sadly my Guitar Center doesn't have either.

I was thinking of going with a Les Paul they have there as its only $500.

The only thing that bothers me with trying them out is fear of damaging them and being screwed, or humiliating myself as the guys that work there are pretty nasty.

I guess I'll need to practice more on the awful Fender Strat Squire that I borrowed from my cousin before going in and trying those out.

And on the topic of what I want to play musically, I really don't know. I like A7X, and I won't deny it for a second, however, I also like more smooth flowing melodies with lighter tones, i.e. something like Cliffs of Dover by Eric Johnson, and I like more punk/alt rock like Rise Against or The Killers. I was told that the amp is more important than the guitar, so would buying a metal guitar like these hinder me playing something a bit lighter if the amp was right for the music I was playing?
do you already play guitar or is this as a first guitar?
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Quote by rhysm
do you already play guitar or is this as a first guitar?

I've never owned a guitar, so this would be my first. I borrowed my cousins guitar and taught myself. I love playing, its like crack.
Quote by TunerAddict
I've never owned a guitar, so this would be my first. I borrowed my cousins guitar and taught myself. I love playing, its like crack.

i wouldn't spend $1000 on a guitar as a first guitar, maybe look at some of the Epiphone guitars.
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Last edited by rhysm at Aug 20, 2008,