okay so i'm about to purchase a half stack
i play metal and i am looking for kind of a killswitch engage sound or a full heavy sound with at least a decent clean sound

i am on a budget of 1600$ here are some amps i've come across some input would be great.

- Spider Valve Hd100 with spider 3 4x12 cab
- Peavey 6505 head with dont know what cab
- Peavey XXL head with don't know what cab
- Peavey XXX head with don't know what cab
- Peavey ValveKing head with matching cab

i would also like to get a line 6 pod x3 live in the future so keep in mind that the amp has to be compatible and sound decent when the pod is running through

i was thinking of maybe a mesa but i don't know how to get them because there is no site that seems to sell them and i'm not sure how much they cost

please help i'm really confused on what i should get
- Spider Valve Hd100 with spider 3 4x12 cab- Pass on this one
- Peavey 6505 head with dont know what cab- Will get you Killswitch without any issues at all
- Peavey XXL head with don't know what cab- Dont go SS
- Peavey XXX head with don't know what cab- Really good, versatile and great for metal- Peavey ValveKing head with matching cab- Not a great choice if your after metal and have the money to afford any of the other amps listed.
- Spider Valve Hd100 with spider 3 4x12 cab = FAIL stay away from anything "spider"
- Peavey 6505 head with dont know what cab
- Peavey XXL head with don't know what cab
- Peavey XXX head with don't know what cab
- Peavey ValveKing head with matching cab there are much better cabs for the money

For a cab, if your in USA go with avatar, you order directly off their site, just get a 2x12 with vintage 30's in it, whatever colour you want.

All those amps you listed are all personal preference, try them out

AND READ MY SIG!!!!!!!!! RESPOND TO WHAT IT SAYS!!!!!!!!!!!
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
i played the 6505 head and i did not like it at all. it was so limited and i could not dial in any great sounds. if you want any clean at all i would also not reccomend this, i thought it was terrible.
Quote by 51VH50
i played the 6505 head and i did not like it at all. it was so limited and i could not dial in any great sounds. if you want any clean at all i would also not reccomend this, i thought it was terrible.

a chorus helps, and getting the 6505+ helps A LOT, the 6505+ has wayyy better cleans

Quote by IbanezPsycho
- Spider Valve Hd100 with spider 3 4x12 cab- Pass on this one
- Peavey 6505 head with dont know what cab- Will get you Killswitch without any issues at all
- Peavey XXL head with don't know what cab- Dont go SS
- Peavey XXX head with don't know what cab- Really good, versatile and great for metal- Peavey ValveKing head with matching cab- Not a great choice if your after metal and have the money to afford any of the other amps listed.

hahah man, you did the EXACT same thing I did
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Bugera is a new line made by Behringer. They are cheap, like, $500-$700 cheap, and they reviewed great in Guitar Player mag for metal. Depending on what you get(333XL, 6262, or 6260), you can get up to three channels (clean, crunch, and lead) for some major versatility. All of their amps are full tube amps, and all come with a foot switch. Bugera is definitely not as well known as the amps you listed, but they are new and have gotten some sweet reviews.
Quote by justinbl123

i would also like to get a line 6 pod x3 live in the future so keep in mind that the amp has to be compatible and sound decent when the pod is running through

Why even bother? Ditch the pod bro.